Thread: Which single shot pistol for 25m?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Which single shot pistol for 25m?

Ok, the title pretty much covers it, but rather than mucky-up a revolver every time, which single shot BP pistol would you choose for target work? It's for regional comps as well as leisure use.

I have looked at the Pedersoli Saloon and it seems to fit the bill, but I can find very little in the way of first hand opinions on it
    God rest ye jelly mental men

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Let's face it, no saloon pistol, intended for shooting across an Edwardian living room, is going to cut it with the 25m discipline, where top shooters regularly score in the high-90s.
    I had thought the name came from the .177 variant, Le Page would work
    God rest ye jelly mental men

There's half a dozen Le Page pistols on Gunstar at the moment - quite nice looking one for £300 there. I have one in .36 - most excellent pistol with set trigger.

Lepage every time. Theres a few others but for the money a £300 LePage will shoot better than you and its still worth £300 next year. If you don't get on with it you can sell it without any real loss.
    Now the warning.! Every pistol is different so you will have to put some effort into finding a load. (unless you can find one thats already to go with load details). I had a .44 which was getting tatty
    but shot really well, sold it to fund a much newer one in pristine condition and I still haven't got it as good as my old one yet.! I did notice that my home cast balls along with commercials where
    running at a measured .431" so have bought a new mold from Chris Tanner at .435" which has arrived today. Allowing for .002" shrinkage im hopefull that my balls will now hit .433".
    All part of the fun of shooting black powder.!!