Thread: JSB Exact v Air Arms Diablo Field

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JSB Exact v Air Arms Diablo Field

Apologies in advance if this subject has been covered previously - but I have not seen the answer anywhere - so here goes!

I have been target shooting flat nosed pellets for many years, but shooting with round nosed pellets is something new for me to play with in my "new to me" Air Arms EV2 and I have two types of pellet made by the same manufacturer (JSB) that look very similar me and I was wondering if they actually were the exact same pellet - but sold under two different names?

The pellets in question are the JSB Exact and the Air Arms Diablo Field.

The weight given for them on both sellers tin lids is 0.547g, but curiously the weight (in grains) that is printed on the Exact tin is is 8.44 grains, whereas on the Diablo Field it is shown as 8.4 grains.

My guess is that these two pellets are the same and that Air Arms have just "rounded down" the weight by a decimal point from 8.44 to 8.4 - but I could be wrong, and as I am aware that some of our BBS members take their pellet specification very seriously - I thought this would be the ideal place to be given the definitive answer.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The batch / die number and head size can make a difference to group sizes in some rifles. I had a great batch of 453 jsb that were fantastic. Used them all, got some more but from a different lot, no where near as good.
    The AADF all seem to be pretty consistent. Good accuracy generally.
    You need to test some to find out if your barrel is fussy and what it prefers.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    They are indeed for the same factory, but from different dies.

The way it works is that JSB have say 100 dies as an example, of that 100 dies only AAFD will be made on say 10 of them on a permanent basis, so technically they are more consistent as they are always off the same dies - but you still have a selection of 10 dies, and as the dies wear the characteristics of the pellets will change ever so slightly, and once the dies get replaced due to wear that changes again

So it's a well known fact that different batches from different dies all perform slightly differently, so you get good/bad/average pellets over dozens of different dies and batches - and that changes in each gun also to produce thousands of potential variations - it's a mine field

The same is true of other makers like Daystate Sovereigns, they are basically all the same design, but all different by die and batch number, which even applies to the JSB exact pellets themselves.

Hope that shed some light on things

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thanks James - that answers my question completely !

As a matter of interest - who makes the Daystate Sovereign pellets - and are they also marketed and sold under different names as well?

.....dont give up on the 4th Pineapple
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

There's a youtube video tour of the JSB factory, & a thread in general about it (use the search to find the thread with the link) close to the end they are asked about the badged pellets, the reply is that they are all made on any one of their usual dies, there is not a specific die for a specific brand, nor is there a different lead mix, the only difference is that if the order is for 10m pellets in .177 then all 10m will be from 1 run on 1 die.

The vid is well worth watching, I bet it's not how you expect a pellet factory to look.

Bob,

IIRC, Daystate Sovereigns are JSB Exacts, though I believe some Daystate pellets are now made by Crosman ?

The Daystate Kaisers are H&N FTT, at least the ones I have are

EDIT :

Found the below on the 'other' Forum :

JSB Exact 8.44 grains = AA field = Daystate Sovereign .
    H&N FTT = Weihrauch F&T Special (always 4.51mm however) = Webley Accupell FT (always 4.52mm) = Daystate Kaiser
    H&N Baracuda Match = Bisley Magnum = Weihrauch magnum (always 4.51MM)
    JSB RS =Falcon Accuracy Plus
    JSB Express = AA Express= Webley Mosquito
    H&N Crow magnum = Bisley Pest control
    Crosman Domed = Webley Accupell
    Crosman pointed = Webley powapell

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ