Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JSB Exact v Air Arms Diablo Field

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    There is an interesting tour of H&M sport factory

https://youtu.be/3q7glB-J0rA

I know they make pellets for others too.

Thats very informative and it makes an very interesting comparison to the JSB factory tour that you can see here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid...Vg&app=desktop

Two different airgun pellet manufacturers, and although similar, they also have some different processing techniques and machinery of their own.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Bob,

The RSD = relative standard deviation - it allows an easy, single value comparison between the different pellets - ignoring rigour, the lower the RSD, the smaller the weight spread.

Despite Superdomes & Superfields showing tight-ish weight distribution, they shoot like crap for me in my rifles

The unsorted JSB Express, while having a fairly ropey RSD value, shoots stunningly well in my rifles, and are my go-to field pellets

In the next month or so, I will be shooting a test using the 5% lowest weight, and the 5% highest weight pellets from a tin (or batch), and see where the two groups appear relative to each other at as long a range as I can find.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

The RSD = relative standard deviation - it allows an easy, single value comparison between the different pellets - ignoring rigour, the lower the RSD, the smaller the weight spread.

Despite Superdomes & Superfields showing tight-ish weight distribution, they shoot like crap for me in my rifles

The unsorted JSB Express, while having a fairly ropey RSD value, shoots stunningly well in my rifles, and are my go-to field pellets

In the next month or so, I will be shooting a test using the 5% lowest weight, and the 5% highest weight pellets from a tin (or batch), and see where the two groups appear relative to each other at as long a range as I can find.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ
    That could be very interesting Russ as it would appear that high RSD values have very little effect on actual shooting qualities - and as you have found - some of the worst measuring pellets actually perform the best in real life.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Yeah just the same pellets.