Thread: Birmingham Arms & collectors fair. 16TH. FEB.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Birmingham Arms & collectors fair. 16TH. FEB.

Allways worth a visit, lots of militaria items and air guns of all types plus related items. I shall be on M.J.M. stand in third hall and will be taking loads of air pistols, rifles, thousands of pellets, and other goodies for perusal including some air gun books etc.
    Roly.

I'm looking forward to meeting up for our usual chat Roly.

See you and others there.

John

Any idea what's parking like , Any post code info. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Any idea what's parking like , Any post code info. Thanks
    Hi Carlos
    Plenty of parking
    Roly and Tim Dyson will have some nice things, so see what they is selling....
    Here is the address

The National Motorcycle Museum Coventry Road
    Bickenhill Solihull West Midlands B92 0EJ

If you have any money left, come and see us on 2 levels at Kempton.
    We have the odd air gun.

Alas the poor weather conditions stopped us attending as we thought the 200 mile round trip may be too hazardous.

Who went? Please let us have a report as this is the first Birmingham I have missed in years and am feeling thoroughly dejected.

John

I tried to go as I was sharing a stall with a friend.
    Got stopped on the A41 by jack-knifed articulated lorries and huge lakes across the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Hi Carlos
    Plenty of parking
    Roly and Tim Dyson will have some nice things, so see what they is selling....
    Here is the address

The National Motorcycle Museum Coventry Road
    Bickenhill Solihull West Midlands B92 0EJ

If you have any money left, come and see us on 2 levels at Kempton.
    We have the odd air gun.
    Hi sorry about the late reply, Thanks very much for the info, So far I'm working on that date, Hoverever I am expecting a shift swap, If that happens I will try and make this, Thanks very much again for the info.

Brum show.

Indeed the weather most certainly put a damper on things. Very quite for first two hours £8 entry, then bucked up a bit after 10am. £5 entry. The shooting show was on just across the road at the N.E.C. So i would think a few people from there would put in a appearance later on.As far as sales went in my case i sold 5 pistols, loads of pellets, and bits and bobs but not one air rifle, lots of interest but wanting to by at to low prices. Certainly made a small profit but it is a good job i only do it as a hobby and not a business.
    Roly.

Driving distance is always a challenge. I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire from 1978 to 1982 and thought the trip to London was a haul. Now I live in Texas and getting out of state takes 5 to 7 hours depending on which direction I am going. The closest Airgun show is 8 hours away. The best Airgun shows (in my humble opinion) are 20 hours away in Michigan & Ohio so getting a table is a must to help defray the cost of the trip. With any luck you are fortunate enough to pick up a treasure.

What you will always find is a great group of collectors who get together the night before the show to willingly share their knowledge, wisdom and enthusiasm about air gun collecting....that is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    Driving distance is always a challenge. I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire from 1978 to 1982 and thought the trip to London was a haul. Now I live in Texas and getting out of state takes 5 to 7 hours depending on which direction I am going. The closest Airgun show is 8 hours away. The best Airgun shows (in my humble opinion) are 20 hours away in Michigan & Ohio so getting a table is a must to help defray the cost of the trip. With any luck you are fortunate enough to pick up a treasure.

What you will always find is a great group of collectors who get together the night before the show to willingly share their knowledge, wisdom and enthusiasm about air gun collecting....that is priceless.
    I think you're right. The distance and time involved may be annoying but a good fair in good company soon makes you forget the long journey. We decided against Birmingham today due to the adverse weather that most of the U.K. has been putting up with for most of this weekend. Sometimes it's just not worth risking life and limb.

Still, looking on the bright side, the money I may have spent today will be saved for Kempton in 5 weeks time, which in all honesty is a far bigger and better fair from an airgun perspective.

Kind regards,

John