Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freeads no longer selling knives, swords air rifles

Just another kick in the teeth to the air gun community as far as I'm concerned! Just the way this country is I'm afraid. Hold tight boys......cos licensing is en route!!!

very sad as I liked a good look on free ads

Victimised

I imagine that scammers will lurk in many of the other sections particularly the animal section which has been highlighted in recent times due to dodgy puppy sellers and the rest.

It seems to me like they may have had a staff change and some new manager or something doesn't like the sport.
    Could be pressure from some anti gun group.

I've also met some decent folk from buying rifles and other bits and pieces.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

Well it was good while it lasted at least, had many good deals from the freeads and a bad one, (cheers mr wareham, you taught ma a valuable lesson, hope to bump into you one day to say thanks &#128077 but anyway, its just a sad reflection on our sport, i recently read, or saw a news clip of a young lad shot with a air rifle by his grandfather, from what i understand it was accidental, but nonetheless very sad when someone loses there life especially at such a young age, turns out the grandfather had modified his airgun to be more powerful, and without the appropriate cert. We as shooters see illegal firearm in that story, and the media, and everyone that reads that article, see a air rifle, a weapon, something used for the purpose of crime and illegal activities.
    Its not really surprising that sites like freeads would like to disassociate themselves with such items and offensive weapons. Abit puzzling tho as they are still selling hunting knifes, and all sorts of knifes for that matter, or do people not get stabbed anymore ?
    Anyway im off to buy one of these before they get banned https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fre...bat---new/view

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Will probably mean the BBS sales section will be very busy, it also won't be to bad for the RFDs with their sales I'd imagine.
    I doubt the sales section on here will just be the same ,as there are far larger sites for the average joe to advertise on than bbs

Quote Originally Posted by max29aug View Post
    I doubt the sales section on here will just be the same ,as there are far larger sites for the average joe to advertise on than bbs
    The problem with sales on here... is finding a deal, then realising its miles away and not worth posting or travelling to collect.

The sales section on here would be better if it could be organised into areas it would make it far better
    Life looks better through a scope!

My usual browse for airguns brought me here for answers when I was unable to search on Freeads.
    Never had any problems buying or selling airguns on it. The law abiding punished once again.

Try MeWe looks ok😀😀

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

good job i picked up the last of the theoben rammers i was after on there in november then. picked up a olympus shame as i bought some really nice guns on ther over the years. quite a lot of my collection came off the free ads.

Wow, I picked up some great vintage airguns in freeads in the last few years and sold loads, all with no problems.

Bit of an end of an era....

Freeads has been ok for buying and selling another nail for selling guns

Another gain for lefty progressive tossers.
    Who will complain to Freeads.
    On my things to do list for tomorrow. I shall unsubscribe from the App..

Complaint sent....who will follow?

Quote Originally Posted by philong View Post
    Complaint sent....who will follow?
    I will. They've even removed archery.

Freeads contact form:

https://help.freeads.co.uk/support/tickets/new
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 21-02-2020 at 04:24 AM.