Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freeads no longer selling knives, swords air rifles

Thank you for your enquiry. Due to an update in our advertising rules the "Hunting & Sporting" category has been closed along with all adverts within.

The decision has been taken in line with our updated family friendly policy and for the overall safety of our customers. The changes will be effective from the 20th of February 2020. Please note that we no longer allow the advertising of any weapons on the site.

We understand the timing of a closure like this can never come at a good time and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let me know if I can help any further.

Greg @ Freeads Support

'psst.....sit down guv. So you're the one who wants to buy an airgun. You wasn't followed, no ? You're sure ? Good. You've got the readies ? Right, You know Greenfield Lane Park ? Down by the tennis courts there's a bench next to a waste bin. Sit on the bench and say to me ' Nice day for it, guv'. I will get up and walk away. Your airgun will be in a black bin bag in the waste bin. Mine's a large scotch. Nice to do business with yer guv'.
    Is this the way of things to come ? Seems to work for illegal trading so why not legal trading ? Too much watching The Sweeney on ITV 4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99O6oTJVHo
    Last edited by where's it gone; 22-02-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Freeads are quite happy to allow trading of Rolex subs, boxed with papers for £90. The fake watch industry is connected somewhere down the line with organised crime into drugs and human trafficking, far more sinister than a slug gun!!!

I've made my feelings known to freeads.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    'psst.....sit down guv. So you're the one who wants to buy an airgun. You wasn't followed, no ? You're sure ? Good. You've got the readies ? Right, You know Greenfield Lane Park ? Down by the tennis courts there's a bench next to a waste bin. Sit on the bench and say to me ' Nice day for it, guv'. I will get up and walk away. Your airgun will be in a black bin bag in the waste bin. Mine's a large scotch. Nice to do business with yer guv'.
    Is this the way of things to come ? Seems to work for illegal trading so why not legal trading ? Too much watching The Sweeney on ITV 4
    Made me laugh - a bit woke ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    The problem with sales on here... is finding a deal, then realising its miles away and not worth posting or travelling to collect.

The sales section on here would be better if it could be organised into areas it would make it far better

How about we have it so that when you see something for sale on here you just open the thread and take a squint at the vendor's location.

This is one reason we insist on folks using sales having their nearest postal town in their profile.

All the best Mick

i think they have shot their selves in the foot, if you ever looked at how many ads were live in the sub cat's of the leisure and hobbies section, not one regularly had more than 4/500 ads, the hunting cat consistantly had over 2000 .

think they have gotten ideas above their station, just a piss poor copy of gumtree now. prob be closed in a year

Let's hope Parcel Force and Royal Mail, don't go all "woke" and stop transportation of air guns and sporting guns.

freeads

Sad day had quite a few items from freeads met some nice people also, just to say achap on here [johnbaz] comented in one of his posts that he managed to find a few bargins at car boot sales, up here there used to be large signs at the entrance about prohibited items now no longer and recently finding more and more cheap air pistols and rifles [scorpion pistol£40] complete gamo 900 £25 meteor super 22 £40 crosman 2240 £35 some of the cheapies in the last month Many Thanks John maybe this could be the new freeads CHEERS GENTLEMEN

Sad to see it go, had quite a few bits and bobs of freeadds also a nice theoben evolution and a few scopes, have emailed them and let them know how i feel although i doubt it will matter and also asked them to delete my account

After reading what the members have said we all agree the same in pretty much the same way --I have also told them to close my account and also said there new rules?? this is just an attack on the shooting community --I hope do hope they see reason and return the site to the way it was even if you have to pay a small yearly fee??? its a shame there was dishonest ones working the site but as some of the members no they do get onto other sites sometimes ---If free adds was to close down to the lack of users then its there own doing

I built up a large portion of my collection through advertising on Freeads in the eighties, in the days of the Fax machine, and was travelling all over the South and even up to the Midlands before a couple of dealers cottoned on to the idea and started to advertise, virtually copying my advert word for word; consequently I didn't get so many responses from the Portsmouth and New Forest areas, but by then I had acquired a goodly quantity of mainly Webleys and made some excellent contacts from whom I purchased further guns and accessories. I still got a few responses from the areas mentioned as I was willing to pay a higher price not purchasing for resale.
    The Midlands purchases resulted from visitors taking the Southern edition of Freeads home, and other gun enthusiasts seeing my advert.
    I've never purchased any guns from the later online Freeads, but am sad to see they've become so PC.

Quote Originally Posted by philong View Post
    Let's hope Parcel Force and Royal Mail, don't go all "woke" and stop transportation of air guns and sporting guns.
    Its not thru lack of trying.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I will. They've even removed archery.

Freeads contact form:

https://help.freeads.co.uk/support/tickets/new
    I've used freeads for years, Lately it was a place for mostly overpriced equipment and scammers etc, Myself i think gumtree,freeads and even evil bay are not what they once were , Most of the private sellers where you may pick up a bargin seem to have moved over to the market place, Just so simple , see a item and send a direct message, It has it's fair share of idiots but I use it more now than the others, So are a lot of people that I know using market place.

Thumbs down

I closed my account yesterday with them as it was the only thing I went on there to look at!!

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/