Thread: Steyr Match 88

Steyr Match 88

I'm new to this forum and hope you welcome me. I need some help with a Steyr Match 88,I purchased this for my Grandson to use in BR, He grew out of it and it's been in my safe resting, A year ago I had it resealed by Pilkington. I tried to refill the CO2 Cartridge, and I guess I'm doing it wrong. How do I find out how much CO2 I'm putting in? Can't find the ls manual that came with the gun. Purchased in 1998. Any Help is appreciated.

Fred J

Steyr 88

Hi,
    sent you a copy of filling instructions for your co2 Steyr... If you require copy of my manual let me no...
    Regards Steve...

Hi Fred

Unusual rifle you have there, pretty scarce in the UK. Hopefully the fill instructions that Steve has sent you will explain the process.
    I have always found that chilling the cylinder in the fridge for about 10mins gives great results in getting the liquid CO2 to fill nicely. Let us know how you get on

Out of Focus

Sad to say, the email I received was to blurred to make out. Maybe you can scan the pages and attach to the email. Sure would like to know where I can find a hard copy in English.

Sent you a scanned copy of every page in the manual..
    You will need a set of scales though.!
    Steve...