Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giffard CO2 Pistol.

[QUOTE=Abasmajor;7849001]
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

My local newsagent is shutdown at the moment. Don't want to make any unnecessary journeys under the present circumstances.
    Brian
    Brian this may be the perfect time to invest in an onlne AGW (as well as an AG) subscription?

As a truly incredible bonus you will get access to an archive of PDF-downloadable AGWs going back to 2009.

https://www.subscriptionsave.co.uk/M...World/MMMDIG6A

Nothing to do with me!

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

[QUOTE=Abasmajor;7849001]

Hello John,
    Hope you and Josie are both keeping safe and well. My local newsagent is shutdown at the moment, so if you have an idea of the publishing date, I will venture a bit further afield as part of my shopping expedition to buy a copy. Don't want to make any unnecessary journeys under the present circumstances.
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

It should be out in a fortnight from tomorrow. As Danny says, now may be the time to invest in a subscription, either paper or online if you're worried about unnecessary journeys.

Kind regards,

John

[QUOTE=Josie & John;7849071]
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

Hi Brian,

It should be out in a fortnight from tomorrow. As Danny says, now may be the time to invest in a subscription, either paper or online if you're worried about unnecessary journeys.

Kind regards,

John
    I only buy Air Gun World and Air Gunner for the often too brief collectable features, but go on you've twisted my arm.
    Brian

Hi Brian,

It works out cheaper too!

Also, I think the next issue will be in the shops in 3 weeks time today and not the 2 I estimated yesterday. Subscribers get them early - usually the Friday or Saturday before the Wednesday they hit the shops.

As a slight plug, the next issue of Airgunner is due to feature an incredibly rare Webley Falcon Shooting Kit; Chris Thrale briefly mentions them in Webley Air Rifles and I only know of one such kit that has survived. That issue should be out in a week or two.

Kind regards,

John

[QUOTE=Abasmajor;7849109]

I only buy Air Gun World and Air Gunner for the often too brief collectable features, but go on you've twisted my arm.
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

It works out cheaper too!

Also, I think the next issue will be in the shops in 3 weeks time today and not the 2 I estimated yesterday. Subscribers get them early - usually the Friday or Saturday before the Wednesday they hit the shops.

As a slight plug, the next issue of Air Gunner is due to feature an incredibly rare Webley Falcon Shooting Kit; Chris Thrale briefly mentions them in Webley Air Rifles and I only know of one such kit that has survived. That issue should be out in a week or two.

Kind regards,

John

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    A nice lockdown job yesterday, in the quest to get the 6mm Giffard rifle shooting again. Turned a new set of aluminium mould dies for a LEM ball mould in 6mm round ball, bought a solid carbide ball end milling cutter & it did a first class job. Tried it out yesterday evening & nigh on perfect, balls weigh in at 20 grains. 510fps will give 11.54 ft lds so it should be quite usable under the limit.
    Another option if these are too loose is No 4 buckshot, 6.1mm dia 5Kgs of those is £29 from Clay & game reloaders. Cheap way of feeding one of these!

I am considering making one last addition to my air pistol collection in the form a Paul Giffard CO2 pistol. Although they are extremely attractive just to own, I would also want to shoot it albeit infrequently. I have no idea how practical this would be given the calibres available and complexities of the associated charging equipment etc. Any advise or experiences with the ownership or use of these fascinating pistols would be much appreciated.
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

Don’t know if your are still looking for one, or have found one but Protek have a nice one for less than the 2.5k oft quoted.
    Although it is 8mm….
    http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/airpistolsused.html

I’d love one myself one day.

Cheers,
    Matt

I am considering making one last addition to my air pistol collection in the form a Paul Giffard CO2 pistol. Although they are extremely attractive just to own, I would also want to shoot it albeit infrequently. I have no idea how practical this would be given the calibres available and complexities of the associated charging equipment etc. Any advise or experiences with the ownership or use of these fascinating pistols would be much appreciated.
    Brian
    you could have a 2nd barrel made for it in .177 ensuring that it does not shoot over 6ftlbs. Co2 expands much the same as a black powder arm gas & barrel length is a big factor in muzzle velocity, coupled with an 8.1 grain ball it's sure to be under 6ftlb with a barrel less than 30cm length. For charging= a 2nd cylinder / valve mechanism could be made to take a 12 gramme co2 threaded nose sparklet. simple

Giffard power

I have found over the years one of the best ways to adjust the power of these superb guns to within our legal limits, is to set the power adjuster on the gun to the highest setting, then make the exhaust valve seal as thick as necessary to to keep the power down to our power limit, (the thicker the seal the lower the power), from there you can only adjust it down, I hope this is a clear explanation.
    Cheers, Lawrie.