Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
As i am a big fan of the bsa cadet and cadet major and anything related to them i have an advert from the Eagle comic 1952, at the schoolboys own exhibition 1952 on the eagle rifle range the champion of all crack shots will win a bsa cadet major and a trophy and eleven runners up will each get a bsa air rifle, now i have searched the internet i can find items about the schoolboys own exhibition but can not find anything about winning this bsa air rifle so i was wondering if anyone else would remember this shootng prize at the show or even better where is the trophy now, i have the advert but dont know how to ad a pic.
I'm not sure if my memories of 1952 are real or not, should be, I started school then. But what a different world it was - making a gun a reward for using a gun!!! Shock, horror. There was that big map that pulled down in front of the blackboard with half the countries coloured pink. I think Mr. Churchill was still Mr. Churchill, revered by most, even if they didn't necessarily vote for him. The local bobby was a man to be admired and respected. We still had diphtheria but we hanged murderers.

Sorry I was about to launch into All Our Yesterdays there. I don't remember the above contest but this is probably the best place to ask. I bet Edbear 2 would know but he seems to have other things occupying his mind. If this comes to your attention, Ed, you're sorely missed. And Trevor Adams might know. I know a weekly delivery of Pommy papers was a feature of kiwi life back then and maybe the odd comlc made its way there.

Good luck with your quest. I'll watch with interest, Mick