Thread: Eagle marksman of the year 1952 win a bsa cadet major

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Greetings Chris, and Welcome to the forum.
    Many people will be very interested in your post as it concerns something important in the historical aspect of the airgun collectors world. Any chance of some photos of the gun and trophy please as I am sure they would be appreciated by many and Garvin would be very pleased to feature photos and the story them in the airgungallery
    It was my intention to attach some images to my original post but unfortunately my account seems to have the option to do so disabled. Perhaps due to the fact that I've only just registered, which was really to just reply to the original post as it had a personal connection.

As and when the ability to do so appears I will upload some images of the trophy and rifle.

Thanks

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    It was my intention to attach some images to my original post but unfortunately my account seems to have the option to do so disabled. Perhaps due to the fact that I've only just registered, which was really to just reply to the original post as it had a personal connection.

As and when the ability to do so appears I will upload some images of the trophy and rifle.

Thanks

Chris
    Hello Chris and welcome to the forum.

That is a wonderful story - thank you for sharing it with us. I believe you may need a minimum post count before you can post pics and use the sales section.

I'd love to see images of the rifle and trophy!

Kind regards,

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post

Thanks

Chris
    Chris

If you want email any pictures to me, I can insert them in the thread on your behalf. My email address is in my profile, just click on my user name.

Cheers
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Chris

If you want email any pictures to me, I can insert them in the thread on your behalf. My email address is in my profile, just click on my user name.

Cheers
    Hi Dave
    I started the post, I have sent you three pictures of the original advert from the 1952 Eagle comic if you could post them on here for me please that would be appreciated
    Thanks
    JJJJJJ

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

Advert pictures

Smell my cheese

Thank you for the pictures; I look forward to seeing photographs of the actual items.
    I was a regular subscriber to the 'Eagle' from the first edition, plus all the annuals, as was my sister to 'Girl', and I wish I had kept them, but with various moves and different schools they all got discarded by my Mother along the way.
    I fairly recently purchased a very nice Cadet Major for nostalgic reasons, having previously sold a very nice pair of Major and Cadet to another collector.

Lovely stuff, all.

“the most powerful and accurate air rifles in the world”…

Hi Chris.

I run the vintage airguns gallery and would love to feature your prize BSA. Could you please email me pics?

I have sent you a private message.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Update

I have updated the photo album with the rifle etching detail. The model is a Club.

The original prize was a pair of identical rifles as far as I know.

And I think that runners up received a single rifle but I don't know what model.

Again, hope this helps clear the mist....

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by Geeba; 24-11-2021 at 09:59 AM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    What 2 great prizes, and another part of airgun history that we didn't know about until now. very many thanks for the photos.

Wow, that is amazing!! the story & both relics, rifle & trophy! Even without the trophy, this airsporter club is in great condition . Wonder if its twin is still alive! Thnx for sharing.
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana