Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle marksman of the year 1952 win a bsa cadet major

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    It was my intention to attach some images to my original post but unfortunately my account seems to have the option to do so disabled. Perhaps due to the fact that I've only just registered, which was really to just reply to the original post as it had a personal connection.

As and when the ability to do so appears I will upload some images of the trophy and rifle.

Thanks

Chris
    Chris

If you want email any pictures to me, I can insert them in the thread on your behalf. My email address is in my profile, just click on my user name.

Cheers
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Chris

If you want email any pictures to me, I can insert them in the thread on your behalf. My email address is in my profile, just click on my user name.

Cheers
    Hi Dave
    I started the post, I have sent you three pictures of the original advert from the 1952 Eagle comic if you could post them on here for me please that would be appreciated
    Thanks
    JJJJJJ

Advert pictures

Smell my cheese

Thank you for the pictures; I look forward to seeing photographs of the actual items.
    I was a regular subscriber to the 'Eagle' from the first edition, plus all the annuals, as was my sister to 'Girl', and I wish I had kept them, but with various moves and different schools they all got discarded by my Mother along the way.
    I fairly recently purchased a very nice Cadet Major for nostalgic reasons, having previously sold a very nice pair of Major and Cadet to another collector.

Lovely stuff, all.

“the most powerful and accurate air rifles in the world”…

Hi Chris.

I run the vintage airguns gallery and would love to feature your prize BSA. Could you please email me pics?

I have sent you a private message.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Images as requested

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Hi Chris.

I run the vintage airguns gallery and would love to feature your prize BSA. Could you please email me pics?

I have sent you a private message.

I have created a small album with some pics of the rifle and trophy. As you will see, the date on then trophy is 1952 and the hand you can see holding it belongs to my dad, the very person who won it!

View the album here

Hope it's what you wanted to see!

Thanks

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    I have created a small album with some pics of the rifle and trophy. As you will see, the date on then trophy is 1952 and the hand you can see holding it belongs to my dad, the very person who won it!

View the album here

Hope it's what you wanted to see!

Thanks

Chris
    That’s brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That’s brilliant. Thanks for sharing.
    As above, thanks Chris.

Very cool.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Great thread! Now I know I must have misunderstood something and someone will point out I'm being dumb but JJJJJJ the OP states a competition to win a Cadet Major but Geeba who's dad won shows the prize to be a Mk 1 Airsporter, did I loose track somewhere?
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Great thread! Now I know I must have misunderstood something and someone will point out I'm being dumb but JJJJJJ the OP states a competition to win a Cadet Major but Geeba who's dad won shows the prize to be a Mk 1 Airsporter, did I loose track somewhere?
    I had the same thought. And, to be really anoraky, I think it’s a Club, not an Airsporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I had the same thought. And, to be really anoraky, I think it’s a Club, not an Airsporter.
    I did wonder that too but pics not quite such that I was confident. Condition suggests the etching may still be nice enough to read it.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Amazing pictures and an amazing story - thank you for sharing.

Looking at the advert, it mentioned the prize was a BSA air rifle but did not specify which model. BSA look to have awarded their top of the range rifle at the time as the star prize.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    The OP did say the prize was two rifles, one was given away, possibly the Cadet Major?