Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

A while ago, I had the chance to buy one of the new Walther LGV's with plastic stock at a REALLY good price.
    I was working part time at a gunshop to help out the owner/ a good friend, and the thing was just collecting dust, so I was offered to take it home for a try.
    Tried it out for some days, shot a few targets, and really liked the soft recoil and great barrel/lockup.
    But the stock and trigger turned me off, and I returned the rifle.

Now I regret not buying the gun, because few other guns share that soft non-vibrating shotcycle right out of the box at this power level.
    And I'll never get a that good deal on one again. But the stock and trigger turned me off, so now I'm just dreaming up my "perfect breakbarrel sporting springer":

-the barrel and action from the new LGV, with a muzzle weight and no open sights.
    -tx/prosport trigger and rear block
    -supersport stock

Whats YOUR idea of a perfect sporting breakbarrel???

Completely recoiless action
    Lower weight than an LGV
    Theoben style twin screw barrel lockup
    TX trigger (or better )
    Stock similar to a FAS 611
    Anschutz or CZ barrel with cocking aid, no open sights

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Lower weight than an LGV
    TX trigger (or better )
    Sound like a good competition gun!

At this moment on this day 2020 AD.

My Mercury S.

Assume we are talking factory items, not Venom Mach1s etc.

FWB Sport with a better stock for scope use, better barrel lock-up, and a better trigger and a safety unit that isn’t prone to malfunction.

Webley got close with the Omega but didn’t quite get it right.

They got closer with the Tomahawk (full power in unrestricted markets, short-stroke at sub-12) and Longbow. The latter benefits from a muzzle weight.

As has been said often, a break-barrel version of the TX200 (Mk1 ideally) would be excellent.

Perfect Sporting Rifle

HW55M. VMach match trigger. 15inch .22 cal HW choked barrel. Custom piston. Power 11 ft lbs. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

FWB Sport with a better stock for scope use, better barrel lock-up, and a better trigger and a safety unit that isn’t prone to malfunction.

They got closer with the Tomahawk (full power in unrestricted markets, short-stroke at sub-12) and Longbow. The latter benefits from a muzzle weight.

As has been said often, a break-barrel version of the TX200 (Mk1 ideally) would be excellent.
    Sounds like we have some similarities in our ideas. I have only tried a Longbow once, and that was a really good rifle.
    The breakbarrel TX with the mk1 stroke should be spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

What happened to the longbow? It was a pretty decent shooter, nice size and weight, good trigger, miss mine

I’m enjoying my 98 atm

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Lower weight than an LGV
    TX trigger (or better )
    Perfect or dream Break Barrel doesn't exist but this^^^^ would come very close!!!
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    A while ago, I had the chance to buy one of the new Walther LGV's with plastic stock at a REALLY good price.
    I was working part time at a gunshop to help out the owner/ a good friend, and the thing was just collecting dust, so I was offered to take it home for a try.
    Tried it out for some days, shot a few targets, and really liked the soft recoil and great barrel/lockup.
    But the stock and trigger turned me off, and I returned the rifle.

Now I regret not buying the gun, because few other guns share that soft non-vibrating shotcycle right out of the box at this power level.
    And I'll never get a that good deal on one again. But the stock and trigger turned me off, so now I'm just dreaming up my "perfect breakbarrel sporting springer":

-the barrel and action from the new LGV, with a muzzle weight and no open sights.
    -tx/prosport trigger and rear block
    -supersport stock

Whats YOUR idea of a perfect sporting breakbarrel???
    I already have 4 perfect sporting breakbarrels, but sorry none right out of the box.
    Venom Longbow .22 (Sidewinder compact) by Steve Pope (13.5)
    HW50 .22 by Paul Watts (USA) (11.3)
    HW95 .177 by Paul Watts (13.3)
    HW30 .177 by Paul Watts (6.3)

Per

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I've had the same dream for years evert, but health issus give me problems. Sure it would be a trip for life.

Per
    I already have 4 perfect sporting breakbarrels, but sorry none right out of the box.

Per
    Hi Per,

Fantastic to see you on.

If your health issues indeed were to allow you to visit us at a Boinger Bash, along with evert, it would truly be fantastic.

In the meantime, if you two were able to get together over in Norway; brilliant.

Some lovely rifles you have there.

All the very best.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Per,

Fantastic to see you on.

If your health issues indeed were to allow you to visit us at a Boinger Bash, along with evert, it would truly be fantastic.

In the meantime, if you two were able to get together over in Norway; brilliant.

Some lovely rifles you have there.

All the very best.
    Thank you Tony, the Boinger Bash seems just to be the right place to visit pfor all springgunners whereever you live
    A visit there would be a great memory to put on my airgun CV. Thanks!

Per

Thank you Tony, the Boinger Bash seems just to be the right place to visit pfor all springgunners whereever you live
    A visit there would be a great memory to put on my airgun CV. Thanks!

Per
    It really is a unique event, Per. Very relaxed and enjoyable and with many of the characters from here present, including some of the very knowledgeable tuners.

If we were to have a small contingent from Norway there, it would make it memorable for us also.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Per
    Your springer collection is truly something special, with Pauls work bringing out what is is probably optimal performance from each model!
    The power levels of your HW's correspond quite well with what I have found to be where the different models really do their best, and from seeing your guns, I know Pauls work is second to none!

The Longbow might be closest to my definition of perfect, just right in every aspect: correct size, great barrel lockup, good adjustable trigger, great barrel, good stock design, one piece cocking linkage and close to perfect stroke length...

But the Longbows are hard to find over here!