Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    My HW55M in .22 cal is near to completion and running at 11.5 ft lbs in tests. Mach 1.5
    So, the same action as the old HW50, heavy shrouded barrel, in a classic match stock, with a custom piston for extra stroke?
    Too many airguns!

FWB Sport…sorry for being old school!!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    So, the same action as the old HW50, heavy shrouded barrel, in a classic match stock, with a custom piston for extra stroke?
    And that lovely manual barrel latch.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinram View Post
    FWB Sport…sorry for being old school!!
    Apologies not required and welcome to the forum.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Mine wasn't a looker, got it for £60 locally complete with brown boot polished stock as i found out first time i shot it ,much to my mates amusment at the brown cheek i had after. I cleaned & oiled the stock & sold it after a couple of years for £80 to a local guy who wanted a decent springer for his sons 18th present i shot a ten shot group with the opens at 15m one ragged hole with it, gave the guy the card to show him how good it was, none of the lightnings could do better than an inch at that range, after fettling.
    I have to agree , the old Supersport rifles are certainly under rated, but really very good .

My Favourite b/b springer is my HW-99.22cal fitted with a WW kit
    by the man himself, its very accurate and with very little recoil.
    its a keeper.!`1
    atb Brian

A FWB and Fenman has been my reach for rifles over the years. I was really impressed with the Webley Omega stock. Many love the HW Rekord Trigger.

So a walnut Omega stock, with a Theoben quality of action, with a Rekod trigger might do perfect.
    Has to come in at with 8lbs or under with scope. A sporting rifle for 12ft'lbs.
    Must be in harmony with itself unlike the HW95, which should have been great but somehow isn't always.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    A FWB and Fenman has been my reach for rifles over the years. I was really impressed with the Webley Omega stock. Many love the HW Rekord Trigger.

So a walnut Omega stock, with a Theoben quality of action, with a Rekod trigger might do perfect.
    Must be in harmony with itself unlike the HW95, which should have been great but somehow isn't always.
    Sounds like my kind of Rifle!!!
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

Sounds like a very nice gun and close to what I'm dreaming of myself.
    Maybe a HW99 with a one piece cocking lever set in an omegalike stock would be close?
    Too many airguns!

So, my thoughts are returning to a Supersport converted to a 25mm rotating piston.
    Kind of a Meteor set in a Supersport action.
    Too many airguns!

Sounds like a very nice gun and close to what I'm dreaming of myself.
    Maybe a HW99 with a one piece cocking lever set in an omegalike stock would be close?

A Mk1 Hw85 screw in end block with a 25mm cylinder/piston set with a 85mm piston stroke sitting in a CS500 or Theoben classic HE stock.

This rifle is only going to appeal to the sub 12 ft lbs market but with some tweaks like a rotating piston set on bearing, TO6 diana trigger which would be nice so the safety catch is at the rear of the action and a barrel latch like the LGV.

The only thing left is how to finish off the muzzle ?

Although do we ever get a rifle that ticks all the boxes That will be the day !
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    A Mk1 Hw85 screw in end block with a 25mm cylinder/piston set with a 85mm piston stroke sitting in a CS500 or Theoben classic HE stock.
    A crazy thought that hit me the other day is that the Bam B26 is a 25mm HW95 cylinder.
    The B26 has not been at the top of my list, because the two examples I've played with have had problems with both lockup and pivot bolt.
    It would take some work, but probably be quite possible to use a B26 cylinder and piston combined with HW95/98 parts and build a 25mm HW95.

This thread should be renamed ramblings and pipe dreams
    Too many airguns!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    A crazy thought that hit me the other day is that the Bam B26 is a 25mm HW95 cylinder.
    The B26 has not been at the top of my list, because the two examples I've played with have had problems with both lockup and pivot bolt.
    It would take some work, but probably be quite possible to use a B26 cylinder and piston combined with HW95/98 parts and build a 25mm HW95.

This thread should be renamed ramblings and pipe dreams
    I had a BAM 95 copy many years ago and it had had some tuning done to it, not sure if it was a 25 or 26mm piston but it had a HW95 barrel and had the Rekord trigger blade conversion and a V-mach tuning kit, it sat in a CS700 stock, so some of the parts are interchangeable.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had a BAM 95 copy many years ago and it had had some tuning done to it, not sure if it was a 25 or 26mm piston but it had a HW95 barrel and had the Rekord trigger blade conversion and a V-mach tuning kit, it sat in a CS700 stock, so some of the parts are interchangeable.

Pete
    The rifle referred to was originally the B20, imported by SMK and given their designation XS20, it had a 25mm piston.
    Around 2005/6 the piston diameter was increased to 26 mm and had the international designation B26, but SMK still called it the XS20
    There was a version with a thumbhole stock, but a very high comb (too high) being the B26-2.
    However the B26-2 was never imported into the UK in any great numbers.
    They did copy the Rekord trigger but cut corners with the top of thetrigger blade i.e.shaped lobes of metal instead of impressed rollers.
    A good fix was to buy a HW trigger blade then drill its axis hole to 3mm to accomodate the fatter axis pin on the B26.
    In that way, you got the proper 2 stage triggerand a lighter smoother pull.
    Subsequent versions did away with the Rekord copy trigger altogether but still kept the SMK designation of XS20
    My .22 is now17 years old and notwithstanding being made of "monkey metal", can still shoot the nads off a gnat out to 45yds

A glided 95 does everything I need of it.