Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Quoting myself a lot here....
    But the gun turns out to be a Walther Century- the guy advertised it as a Walther, and I got excited and forgot that the century existed...
    So now I have what turns out to be a quite accurate high power .177

But it is brutal to cock and fire- does anyone have experience with setting up soft and accurate tunes on these??
    Quoting myself once again...

Just bought an LGV Challenger ultra unseen. The price was OK, and the pictures showed a well kept rifle in the original box, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed its a good one.

With the wooden stock and barrel weight from the Century, it is probably going to be a well shooting gun.
    But the size, trigger/safety and weight will probably exclude it from being my "perfect sporting breakbarrel".
    Too many airguns!

As you say, evert, a weighty beast for a "walk-around" sporting gun. But there are other heavy rifles that are faithful field companions, like the 80. There have now also been many tales of successful trigger mods to improve that area. And they do shoot so very sweetly.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    As you say, evert, a weighty beast for a "walk-around" sporting gun. But there are other heavy rifles that are faithful field companions, like the 80. There have now also been many tales of successful trigger mods to improve that area. And they do shoot so very sweetly.......
    The LGV is here! It has s bit of rust on the cylinder, but I can live with that, because the gun is mechanically sound.
    It now sits in the Century stock, which makes for a more pleasant firing experience.
    It certainly needs some tighter guides, as it has some buzz, and your points on trigger mods are quite correct.

But it shoots flat, recoil does not really move the sight picture mich when the gun is held or rested correctly.
    Too many airguns!

I love two rifles I own …
    A HW95 I bought it from well respected member in this forum.. it’s smooth shooter and the trigger is absolutely perfect spot on … I just love this rifle and it’s good as my HW100
    The second one is my dad rifle given to me by him it’s HW77 in .25 flavour this rifle it’s so accurate put pellets on top of other pellets all the time … I am so pleased with these 2 springer

The LGV is here! It has s bit of rust on the cylinder, but I can live with that, because the gun is mechanically sound.
    It now sits in the Century stock, which makes for a more pleasant firing experience.
    It certainly needs some tighter guides, as it has some buzz, and your points on trigger mods are quite correct.

But it shoots flat, recoil does not really move the sight picture mich when the gun is held or rested correctly.
    Lovely.

Look up the Jim Tyler prescribed tune for these.....utterly lovely......TX III spring, fitted guides and opened out TP. I've tried a few and they're lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by massa View Post
    I love two rifles I own …
    A HW95 I bought it from well respected member in this forum.. it’s smooth shooter and the trigger is absolutely perfect spot on … I just love this rifle and it’s good as my HW100
    The second one is my dad rifle given to me by him it’s HW77 in .25 flavour this rifle it’s so accurate put pellets on top of other pellets all the time … I am so pleased with these 2 springer
    Excellent. Two very, very good sounding rifles there that will keep delivering the goods and satisfaction for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely.

Look up the Jim Tyler prescribed tune for these.....utterly lovely......TX III spring, fitted guides and opened out TP. I've tried a few and they're lovely.
    Can the Titan 10+ be used as well? Importing stuff is really expensive with todays exchange rate for the Norwegian kr...

As we're allowed to shoot our guns at full power here, I'd like to keep the port at the original spec, and that probably does not combine well with the softer spring. The first setup will be just fitted guides and a relube.
    Too many airguns!

Can the Titan 10+ be used as well? Importing stuff is really expensive with todays exchange rate for the Norwegian kr...

As we're allowed to shoot our guns at full power here, I'd like to keep the port at the original spec, and that probably does not combine well with the softer spring. The first setup will be just fitted guides and a relube.
    Hi evert.

I can't quite remember the specs on the 10+ right now, but seem to think it will be of thicker wire diameter than the standard TX spring?

What power are LGVs usually set up for over there? As you know, the JT tune is a sub-12 tune and they do shoot very, very sweetly.

I have in the past tried other mildly fettled LGVs which also did shoot very nicely indeed. Fitted guides and a relube by someone as experienced as yourself will result in a most pleasing rifle.

Hi Evert
    A description of a LGV full power tune here with Titan springs
    https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hect...er-walther-lgv

Good luck!

mine was my 95 22 which jeff off here bought off me

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Hi Evert

Good luck!
    Thanks for that link, Eric; a very good read.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Hi Evert

Good luck!
    Thank you, that is very interesting!

However, I've run into some power issues with the gun that have to be solved before anything else is done.
    That is worth a thread all of its own
    Too many airguns!

Im now shooting a boinger three or four times a week and I though the Cometa fusion was the one Id pick up each time but NO. The fusions smaller brother the 220 seems to be the one thats coming out pesting each time now, Im just feeling it with this gun at the moment and hit everything I point at.

The 300 is awaiting a tune and aussie seal, and the 400 just to nice to knock about.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Im now shooting a boinger three or four times a week and I though the Cometa fusion was the one Id pick up each time but NO. The fusions smaller brother the 220 seems to be the one thats coming out pesting each time now, Im just feeling it with this gun at the moment and hit everything I point at.

The 300 is awaiting a tune and aussie seal, and the 400 just to nice to knock about.

Chris
    Yes, very often I think your favourite hunting / pest control rifle doesn't have to be your prettiest, bestest, most powerful or biggest rifle. Especially if being used in less than clement conditions sometimes. Very often that lighter, slightly more compact & basic gun, with enough power for the job in hand and the ability to display fine real world accuracy in sporting conditions and is easier to carry and handle would be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post

Chris
    The Cometas seem to be really well made. I had an older one, that had a very inefficient seal, but the barrel was great.
    Which is why I dont have it any more, the barrel ended up in a Webley Vulcan
    Too many airguns!