Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I think wonkydonky once posted a detailed instructional on a short stroke / lightened buttoned piston on a 95, evert. Be worth searching out.

Out of interest, my CZ634 - 25mm and 77mm stroke was very enthusiastic to make power and required calming. The firing cycle was very calm. Now even more calm - many who have tried it at Boinger Bashes guessed it might make 7 or 8 ft.lbs as opposed to the high 11s output.
    Was that a short stroke via a front spacer, or a longer rod?

The CZ634 is rare over here, but definately a gun that I would like to try if one pops up some day.
    Are they sold in the UK?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Today I strapped a new style HW mod onto my HW80k and gave it a little short range workout. I have mainly been using the 99's and 95 this year, but the extra heft of the 80 was comfortable and reassuring. I put this up to 19 ft/lb last week and it shoots every bit as nicely as the 95 at 15 and the 99's at 11. I think it's just a case of running each gun at the power it naturally wants to do

This is my only air rifle without a custom stock. I think I'll have to fix that now

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post

The CZ634 is rare over here, but definately a gun that I would like to try if one pops up some day.
    Are they sold in the UK?
    I think CZ sold the rights to the 634 etc and the guns are now made by this company:

https://www.zvsholding.sk/downloads/...ifle_perun.pdf

They don't seem to be available in the Uk but I'm sure a BBS member has one in addition to many CZ built ones.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The best break-barrel springer is a Mk II HW77K because it utilises something called a 'fixed barrel'.

It's better than the other break barrels as it has a rigid, fixed barrel and a separate cocking lever allow direct loading into the barrel while keeping the sight system in perfect alignment with the barrel. The fixed sight/barrel orientation is reassuring and the extra weight is far more forgiving than the others.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 25-11-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    OMG he's at it again LOL

ze Germans only invented the Hw77 to chop off all the trigger fingers of the Brits don't you know ?
    ze Brits invented the break barrel to smash out the front teeth of the Youth and make Webley and BSA fail because of flappy breeches!

I am about to put together what I am hoping will be my go to .22" break barrel......

HW85mk1 trigger/action/barrel/open sights
    TBT maxi pro kit
    Recent HW95 Luxus stock

The only other possible addition I may need is a set back trigger and to decide what scope to put on it.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post

Are they sold in the UK?
    Sorry, evert, I can't remember how wonky reduced the stroke, but I would guess that he used a longer rod.

I see Drew replied to the CZ query.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I think CZ sold the rights to the 634 etc and the guns are now made by this company:

https://www.zvsholding.sk/downloads/...ifle_perun.pdf

They don't seem to be available in the Uk but I'm sure a BBS member has one in addition to many CZ built ones.
    Thank you for that information, Drew.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The best break-barrel springer is a Mk II HW77K because it utilises something called a 'fixed barrel'.

It's better than the other break barrels as it has a rigid, fixed barrel and a separate cocking lever allow direct loading into the barrel while keeping the sight system in perfect alignment with the barrel. The fixed sight/barrel orientation is reassuring and the extra weight is far more forgiving than the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    OMG he's at it again LOL

ze Germans only invented the Hw77 to chop off all the trigger fingers of the Brits don't you know ?
    ze Brits invented the break barrel to smash out the front teeth of the Youth and make Webley and BSA fail because of flappy breeches!
    Very entertaining, chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I am about to put together what I am hoping will be my go to .22" break barrel......

HW85mk1 trigger/action/barrel/open sights
    TBT maxi pro kit
    Recent HW95 Luxus stock

The only other possible addition I may need is a set back trigger and to decide what scope to put on it.

Rich.
    I've got one of those, short stroked. Very accurate. Handles 'like a pair of ladders' as RustyBuzz said.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    my FWB Mastersport
    Mic drop, as the kids say.

Rair Rifles

Early 1950s Bsa meteor .22 bone shaker and my little dog Sheba walking up the clough 15 years old and know one bothered you .I would swop my collection for that freedom again just for a week.

I've got one of those, short stroked. Very accurate. Handles 'like a pair of ladders' as RustyBuzz said.
    I suspect it will be a little longer than is common these days
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

No matter how many fingers you cut or teeth you crush, the HW77 and its variants(77k, 97, 97k, tx200, HC etc) are too heavy.

The 77 has a very good powerplant, but the format is too large.