Thread: R.I.P. Max Headroom ( Tim Russell )

R.I.P. Max Headroom ( Tim Russell )

R.I.P. Max, probably one of the wackiest members ever to grace this fine board.

You will never be forgotten.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....1-Max-Headroom

Norm

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    When you've followed one of his home brew recipes it might explain the posts.
    RIP Max.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    R.I.P. Max - truly one of this country's great eccentrics

Your posts were always interesting; even though some took a while to decipher.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Off to the big man in a mk4 capri.

RIP max.
    Smell my cheese

Loved all his posts , the group needs more people like him . Instead of the stuff we see to much now . ..

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Rest In Peace Max. I miss you on here you Lovable Nutter

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Steve Valentine and I would make fun of his posts as they were too out there to be real like the MK4 capri that Dave has mentioned above or pulling lampost's down on people with a lorry and a chain or throwing old matey down the stairs for playing music too loud or some other reason .

He loved to post this Youtube clip at christmas and in a way it's how I imagined Max (Tim) to look like when reading some of his posts

R.I.P Max (Tim)

Rip max. I enjoyed your wacky at times posts.

R.I.P. Tim...

Geo..

R.I.P Tim; your posting and wit will be sorely missed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Bit late to the party but I will miss him.
    A breath of fresh air in this modern crazy world. Hope Wolfie is being spoilt and looked after
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

This oppressive heat wouldn't seem half as bad if I'd just read one of Tim's inane rants

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Bit late to the party but I will miss him.
    A breath of fresh air in this modern crazy world. Hope Wolfie is being spoilt and looked after
    Yes, his posts always made me laugh... once I'd decyphered them...

Heres a coincidence... My daughter has been looking for a dog for months, but with lockdown either there are none available, or the shelters have been closed.
    Last week, she got a call from Wood Green shelter near Huntingdon saying they had a suitable dog for her... its name was Wolfie.... a 5 year old Staffie.

As soon as I heard the name I wondered if it was Max's dog, as Wood Green is fairly close to Peterborough, but the shelter said that it belonged to someone who worked all day and couldn't give the dog the attention it needed.

I didn't meet it, but my wife did, and apparently its a lovely affectionate, chilled out dog.... I somehow like to think it was Max's dog, and a testement to him...

Daryll.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Yes, his posts always made me laugh... once I'd decyphered them...

Heres a coincidence... My daughter has been looking for a dog for months, but with lockdown either there are none available, or the shelters have been closed.
    Last week, she got a call from Wood Green shelter near Huntingdon saying they had a suitable dog for her... its name was Wolfie.... a 5 year old Staffie.

As soon as I heard the name I wondered if it was Max's dog, as Wood Green is fairly close to Peterborough, but the shelter said that it belonged to someone who worked all day and couldn't give the dog the attention it needed.

I didn't meet it, but my wife did, and apparently its a lovely affectionate, chilled out dog.... I somehow like to think it was Max's dog, and a testement to him...

Daryll.
    Wolfie that Max had was a jack Russel chihuahua cross . A jackauahua .

Max ran his comments through a WW2 Enigma machine before posting them. Spent much of his time on here quaffing homebrew and stroking a ferret called Flo. He once told me he'd been born in Stalingrad. I think that's what he said anyway.
    One-of-a-kind fella.
    Rest in peace.