Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    thanks for the offer of the sling studs but I've just used one from Ramsbottom
    I've a few sets so let me know if you change your mind
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thank you MartynB

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I've a few sets so let me know if you change your mind

Tonight I was shooting the 97k indoors at 25yds, all set up and ready for the boinger bash.

An update on the Mac1 steroid kit. It was very easy to fit and makes the pumping mechanism feel more robust. The pump handle closes very tightly and doesn't have a flimsy wire spring to keep it shut.

i've thought about having some waterjet cut out as they certainly are the business

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    i've thought about having some waterjet cut out as they certainly are the business
    That would great! The piston head would need to be adjustable which isn't difficult.

i make all mine have adjustable ones
    Tim i think realised the pre 63 models had better pump arms and adjustable pistons and built his steroid idea round the earlier better made guns

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    An update on the Mac1 steroid kit. It was very easy to fit and makes the pumping mechanism feel more robust. The pump handle closes very tightly and doesn't have a flimsy wire spring to keep it shut.

Excellent stuff!

Will you be bringing it along to The Bash again?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I Certainly will be Tony and I'm looking forward to shooting them all weekend.

When I'd responded yesterday I was using my ageing Mini i-Pad and couldn't see the images. Later, when I looked in using my phone I could see the images. Those cocking link and rod components certainly do look far more substantial and are bound to improve the experience and confidence.. Very nice.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi- that steroid set looks a robust set-up.

Do Mac1 ship to the Uk?

Did you experience any problems and how long did it take to arrive.

Cheers Steve

Good morning Steve

It takes out a lot of the slop in the 3 pivot points especially if they are badly worn. In theory this increases the air you put in with each pump so it makes it more efficient. Having said that just replacing the rivet and link pin tightens everything up. You would have to really abuse and over pump the original to see damage.

But there were no problems fitting it and the billet lever has the pre-drilled holes for forearm pins in the correct locations for Dan's & Benji's.

Mac1 airguns no longer ships to UK but I just get a friend to forward it to me.

I'm sure this forum is affecting my eyes because I use my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    When I'd responded yesterday I was using my ageing Mini i-Pad and couldn't see the images. Later, when I looked in using my phone I could see the images. Those cocking link and rod components certainly do look far more substantial and are bound to improve the experience and confidence.. Very nice.

S&w 77a

I received this vintage pumper back today, Ped resealed it and made a new barrel band. I've fitted a peep sight by Tech sights for 11mm rails and I plan to blacken or paint the barrel band. Does anyone have any experience with these? They were made in the 1970s and only came in .22.

that rear sight suits it down to a t
    sadly my anodising tank is out of commision at present or i would've anodised the new band for you