Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin 397P Phase 1

Hi Martyn I've always found uncle Mike's to be good quality and have lasted well. This barrel mount was from Fenton shooting supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Sling fitting looks well made, I still have a couple of Uncle Mike's from back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Hi Martyn I've always found uncle Mike's to be good quality and have lasted well. This barrel mount was from Fenton shooting supplies.
    Uncle Mikes are now Grovtec, I managed to buy some studs and lockable sling mounts, very nicely made
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Old stumpy

The recently serviced .22 Lightning by Lyn Lewington, ARC Tuning is performing well.
    After a few hundred shots it's settling in and at 18 yards the pellets were disappearing through the same hole, except for one flyer on the right. I do find the bean bags are a great help for spring guns.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 29-05-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Pump carbine

A nice little plink with the old crosman this afternoon but the Beeman integrated scope mount was a bit frustrating when trying to get it centered.
    Edit: the two pins that space the mount were mixed up one was shorter which wasn't helping alignment.

Last edited by ratbuster2240; 29-05-2022 at 07:19 PM.

I've found a good solution to fitting a sling to the Innova using a metal D ring from a bag. It fits through the roll pin and on the rear stock I've put a traditional wood sling swivel in. The sling I've used is from an M1 carbine with a quick detach lift-the dot fastener.

I've found a good solution to fitting a sling to the Innova using a metal D ring from a bag. It fits through the roll pin and on the rear stock I've put a traditional wood sling swivel in. The sling I've used is from an M1 carbine with a quick detach lift-the dot fastener.

Nice to see the BSA, Crosman and Sharp.
    You've got a great collection, and it's nice that you use all your guns.
    The Innova looks great with the sling. Nice solution with the metal D ring.

Any guns on the wishlist?

The sling feels great Louis, do any of yours have one fitted? The dinky lightning has incredible accuracy at 25 yards for such a boingy shooter, I've enjoyed shooting it again.

Neat sling solution on Innova
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thank you for sharing, Mr Ratty Buster.

Will you be bringing the little Crosman to the next Bash? I'll bring mine.......much less trick, a Phase III 1377 with steel breech, shoulder stock and 4x32 scope, but very accurate.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Do you still have an Innova Martyn? If you want a D ring PM and I'll post you one.

Neat sling solution on Innova

Thanks for taking an interest in my 'old junk' as my wife calls it . I'll bring the Crosman too, my to bring list has now grown from 2 guns to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Thank you for sharing, Mr Ratty Buster.

Will you be bringing the little Crosman to the next Bash? I'll bring mine.......much less trick, a Phase III 1377 with steel breech, shoulder stock and 4x32 scope, but very accurate.

Aha, excellent.

Managed a quick plinking session with my son on Tuesday. He was using his Umarex Colt SAA CO2 revolver and I was having a quick go in between him loading the mags with my standard 1377 pistol. With the slower nature of pumping the 1377 for each shot they represented the exact antithesis of each other.....one is all fast fire fun whereas the other so slow and deliberate.....maybe like comparing a magazine fed semi-auto live firer to a muzzle loader!
    Last edited by TonyL; 09-06-2022 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Grammar!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quite the contrast having the fast fire fun and an old pumper side by side. The 1399 stock and steel breech are the only two upgrades you really need, it's easy to get carried away and bolt on every unnecessary accessory.

Do you still have an Innova Martyn? If you want a D ring PM and I'll post you one.
    I do but it's Louis's, if you want, I have Grovtec (used to be Uncle Mikes) 1" stock studs and locable sling swivel if you wanted to retro fit rear

Louis has so many Innova's he has to keep them all over Europe. thanks for the offer of the sling studs but I've just used one from Ramsbottom.

I've got a cheap armex sling and I've just noticed the swivels have bent. It's not worth buying cheap and risking them break. I'll have to bin the whole thing because the swivels are sown in. Stick with Grovtec or Talon.

I do but it's Louis's, if you want, I have Grovtec (used to be Uncle Mikes) 1" stock studs and locable sling swivel if you wanted to retro fit rear