Thread: 44 loads with unique

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    its still working for me in 7.5x55
    I'd like to hear about your load, having been given a 100 or so gas-check bullets from Andy Allwood.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    I'd like to hear about your load, having been given a 100 or so gas-check bullets from Andy Allwood.

TIA.
    150 grn gaschecked home cast with 16grns Unique, gives me around 1700 fps and I have hit the target at 200 yards with them, although mostly they have been used for gallery use at much closer range, still giving .223 ME levels though !
    (the gas checks are seating below the case neck with this bullet, although I have some K31 cast to try which should seat higher )
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    150 grn gaschecked home cast with 16grns Unique, gives me around 1700 fps and I have hit the target at 200 yards with them, although mostly they have been used for gallery use at much closer range, still giving .223 ME levels though !
    (the gas checks are seating below the case neck with this bullet, although I have some K31 cast to try which should seat higher )
    Thank you, Sir. I'll make some up to try for when we can get back to the range.

I’ve been loading 8.5gr unique , shooting at 25 ,I’d say 10gr would be quite a powerful load, I download 7.62x54r with 10gr 150gn heads
    Sako A7.270,b14hmr 6.5cm,Weatherby vanguard.223,Browningt-bolt.17hmr,Ruger American.22l,M1903 30/06,Marlin.44 and a fireball throwing m44

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Thank you, Sir. I'll make some up to try for when we can get back to the range.
    just had a look further back in my notes, I did load some with 11.5grns unique for 1400 fps, settled on the 16grn load as really no cost implication and I intend to try it more at 100/200 when we can go to the range again, very soft shooting load with almost no recoil, I have a 200 grn mould which I was planning to try in my 1889 but with the current situation I suspect my FEO would be loath to let me add it to my FAC so that will wait, may try them in the K31 but they will protrude a ways into the case .
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby