Thread: Walther LP53 Lockdown Fun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think its all going in the wrong direction. The LP53 is an indoor, 'quiet' pistol, ideal for use in flats. What you tuners ought to be doing is reengineering it to have a narrower, possibly longer stroke piston so that the grip can be made narrower. All you need is 300 fps with Hobby for 6 yard practise.

Power mad the lot of you.
    Totally understand where YOU are coming from, however it is not about power it is about tinkering for me and making it better. I 100% guarantee mine shoots smoother than yours though, before and after in terms of the speed, smoothness is huge

OK another one for you too laugh at
    Conclusion PTFE piston does not meet sidewall in places, sooo last try

I took the robb piston and inserted the steel centre, the hit the PTFE section with a drift, expanding it maybe .5 of a mm LOL.
    Then as it was now clearly far too big I reversed it so the "cone" was the wrong way and battered it into the entrance of the bore and left in for 5 mins.
    Took it out and reversed it the right way

Rebuilt gun test firing it was tighter than I ever would normally allow for about 10 shots then it began to return the same as the leather washer, + a tad with the new piston !!!!! YEA

So getting 462fps at the moment, tr robb piston, but needs bedding in more. I can control either way now using preload now, smooth as silk or monster lol

I am not afraid to say that playing with mechs is just my thing, makes me happy and thats what this is all about
    [EDIT] 2 days later I hate PTFE lol, gone back to leather !!!!!
    Last edited by hellsquad; 23-11-2020 at 04:48 PM. Reason: updated

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Super LP53's

Do these "Super LP53's" recoil any more, or less?

I still have mine, bought new in 1973 purely as a centre fire trainer!

No idea what muzzle velocity mine did, it always just limped through the paper at 10 mts, just enough to score the shots, but was very accurate!

I shot a Toz 36 Target nagant 7.62 revolver in Centre fire match (still have it deactivated!) at the time, and the LP53 was a good trainer, as it had more recoil than the centre fire pistol!

Good old days!
    Have Fun
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 25-07-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Do these "Super LP53's" recoil any more, or less?

I still have mine, bought new in 1973 purely as a centre fire trainer!

No idea what muzzle velocity mine did, it always just limped through the paper at 10 mts, just enough to score the shots, but was very accurate!

I shot a Toz 36 Target nagant 7.62 revolver in Centre fire match (still have it deactivated!) at the time, and the LP53 was a good trainer, as it had more recoil than the centre fire pistol!

Good old days!
    Have Fun
    Robin
    Robin,

Good question I thought and I didn't know the answer so I've just been shooting my test pistol against one of my standard LP53s.

The recoil on the test pistol is very quick and returns to aim such that its not particularly noticeable. The standard pistol is a much slower reaction and is much more noticeable.

Accuracy wise, I would say the test pistol is comparable to my Diana 6 s which is quite remarkable.

Tuning air guns can often be disappointing and frustrating but this time a much improved pistol has emerged I feel.

Steve.