Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Pope, RIP

Absolutely gutted and heartbroken and my most sincere condolences to Steve's family.

I spoke with Steve many times and he was always most helpful and genuine. Also had the absolute pleasure of meeting him a few times and I feel honoured to have met and known him. My V-Mach and Venom guns will be even more cherished now. The end of an awesome dynasty which transformed the way many viewed air rifles.

So, so sad.

RIP Steve, you will be sorely missed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Steve Pope ..may he Rest In Pease

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Steve passed away on the 26th Nov. There isn't enough words to some up how nice and genuine this guy was. When it came to work on a rifle or pistol come to think of it, he was the BEST of the best. RIP my dear friend I will deeply miss you along with alot of other people who had the pleasure of meeting you.
    Mach 1.5
    I can only echo Pauls words above.

I feel honoured to have met Steve and will always remember his gentlemanly manner and the generosity of his time he spent with me.

His workmanship was second to non, peerless in fact...his passion was boundless in our world of air Rifles...his strength in fighting his awful disease resolute.

My heart felt condolences go out to his Wife, Family and Friends.

His memory will live on in the Rifles he has bestowed his skill and knowledge to.

RIP Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Steve passed away on the 26th Nov. There isn't enough words to some up how nice and genuine this guy was. When it came to work on a rifle or pistol come to think of it, he was the BEST of the best. RIP my dear friend I will deeply miss you along with alot of other people who had the pleasure of meeting you.
    Mach 1.5
    I can only echo those comments and thank Paul too for introducing me to Steve about 11 years ago from which we enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship. Always a gentleman with a calm air of authority on all matters airgun and I enjoyed enormously my visits to Steve.

Best wishes to his wife and family and Steve will always have a place in our hearts.

David & Jo
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Terrible news. He has tuned several of my Webleys. He personally picked my .177 Tomahawk from the Webley production line back than for tuning, and he also personally handpicked my walnut stock for my .22 Tommy from the Webley warehouse. Its stunning.
    Just talked to him gthis summer about an issue with 1 of the Tomahawks.
    Didnt know he was ill. Its a terrible disease. He was so young..
    I wish his friends and family, and co-workers at VMach lots of strength to deal with his loss.
    I sincerely hope VMach wíll be continued in his name.
    ATB,
    yana

Absolutely devastated at this terribly sad news. I used to speak to Steve and his good Wife almost on a weekly basis when I was in the game and writing monthly features for air gunner magazine. He will be greatly missed by the whole of the air gunning community. A really GREAT bloke, R.I.P. mate.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

My condolences to his family and friends. I have seldomly met such a friendly and helpful person, he always took the time to speak to you and answer all your questions. I will miss him!
    Challenge HFT .177 16J | Optisan 10x44 | HW50S .22 16J | Fomei 4x32 | HW95K .177 LB 16J | Valiant 4x32 | HW80K .22 LB 26J | Valiant 4x32 | HW97K .177 16J | Schmidt & Bender 10x42

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I can only echo Pauls words above.

I feel honoured to have met Steve and will always remember his gentlemanly manner and the generosity of his time he spent with me.

His workmanship was second to non, peerless in fact...his passion was boundless in our world of air Rifles...his strength in fighting his awful disease resolute.

My heart felt condolences go out to his Wife, Family and Friends.

His memory will live on in the Rifles he has bestowed his skill and knowledge to.

RIP Steve
    Another 'echo' if I may.I'd like to add my condolences to those already mentioned on here. Like many shooters I own- and have owned- rifles which were a tribute to his supreme skill and knowledge. Like many others on here I was aware of his illness and his upbeat and amazing way of dealing with it. My best wishes go to his family. RIP Steve
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

If god is an air gunner, he is in for a treat. Eros might stand a chance of actually hitting what he meant to now.

I am a true blood atheist but for some folk, I hope that I am wrong and their is a heaven.

One of shootings truly solid guys.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

god only just read this great person r.ip

for his family and loved ones my sympathy

A land mark family name in our sport will be remembered. Deep regrets for this kind gentleman's passing. Venom (Dave and Steve) did fine work for me years ago.

Dreadfully sad news. I shall forever cherish my 77 - Steve completely transformed it for me and it will remain the pride of place in my collection.

RIP Mr.P.

Sorry to hear this 😢

Sorry to hear steve has passed away he was a true gent
    RIP steve

What a terrible terrible shock. Hailing from Dudley myself I met him on a number of occasions to pick up work he did for me. As people have said he was always willing to help and his work is just incomparable. A truly great bloke. RIP Steve

Very very sad to hear this, whichever forum, magazine you read when it came to airgun tuning Steve's name would always be there at the top as the go to guy.

Although I never met him, I feel like I have with just how much I have read over the years and seeing how his skills changed guns and put smiles on many a shooters face.
    1970 FWB 300 - FWB 127 Sport - HW80 1983 - 1984 HW77K - HW30S - HW35 - AIRMASTERS 77FTS
    TX200 Mk2 .22 - TX200 Mk2 .177 - TX200SR Mk1 .177 Walnut - PROSPORT.177

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Terribly sad news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Steve but, aside from the fact we all know he was one of the greats in airgun tuning, it's clear from the comments on here that he was a great human too.

An absolute legend whose work I think will always be viewed as the benchmark.

My sincere condolences to Steve's family & friends.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd