Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LP53 Value help please

LP53 Value help please

I have a 1960 LP53 1960 in unused condition bought new in Germany by a serving soldier, it's cased model with the blue lining. With the original invoice to a corporal in the Royal Air Force Police, Main Guard room, R.A.F Bruggen B.F.P.O. 40.

I know it needs Pics, how do you guys post them. Many thanks Kev

https://imgur.com/gfijCvt

https://imgur.com/K51NnjH

https://imgur.com/XdgXJzG
    Last edited by hyscore100; 13-12-2020 at 06:37 PM.

It really does need pics, but, from the sound of it, I’d say at least £300, more like £350.

Some directly pasted pictures of Kev's LP53.

Brian

An early one, cased and with provenance in that condition I think could be worth £450 plus to a collector. Another one that good might not come up for years, or at all, so could even make silly money at auction. But an awful lot were made.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    An early one, cased and with provenance in that condition I think could be worth £450 plus to a collector. Another one that good might not come up for years, or at all, so could even make silly money at auction. But an awful lot were made.
    100% agree on price, That does look a nice one !
    Keep it as an investment ! and fire it and have fun !!

With good used ones going for £300 now, I could easily see that one making double that if its really as new.

Agreed. That’s sweet. (Even if the provenance is RAF Plod ).

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Totally agree with the above value. nice having the paper work with it.

It looks in really nice condition, both the gun and case.

A nice boxed LP53 with the spare front and rear sights is worth around £250-£300 so I'd say £450 to £500 in the Walther case

Thank you for the replies Guys.

Would these of been the original pellets?

Quote Originally Posted by hyscore100 View Post

Very possibly. Both the tin style and the pellets are different from the ones I remember from the late 70s until now, and both look quite old-fashioned even by late 70s standards.

If the story indeed is that the gun was bought in 1960 and quickly put away, it’s a pretty decent assumption that the 1950s/60s appearing pellets found with it are contemporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Very possibly. Both the tin style and the pellets are different from the ones I remember from the late 70s until now, and both look quite old-fashioned even by late 70s standards.

If the story indeed is that the gun was bought in 1960 and quickly put away, it’s a pretty decent assumption that the 1950s/60s appearing pellets found with it are contemporary.
    I bought it from the man that bought it new, I'm thinking that I need to count the pellets now lol.

Thats as nice an example as it gets. Its value could well be £500. The condition of the box and papers confirm its provenance and adds strength to the higher value. The pellets are of the right era and could well be the test pellets that came with it, from the factory or shop.
    There are plenty in very nice order, and a good few in well used and loved. Its those that change hands between £250 and £350. Your example is getting exceedingly rare because it hasn't seen use, once it does then its just another.

If you want one to shoot then just get a run of the mill one. They are interesting to shoot and not the easiest. There is a knack and once mastered are accurate, but even a Webley Tempest is easier.
    The Bond connection will always retain the value and adds to the fun.

Nice one.

These would certainly have been the type of tin that was supplied with your cased pistol when new, so yes.

You have a beautiful cased set there that would undoubtedly fetch at least £450.

John

De-lux cased lp53.

I have a 1960 LP53 1960 in unused condition bought new in Germany by a serving soldier, it's cased model with the blue lining. With the original invoice to a corporal in the Royal Air Force Police, Main Guard room, R.A.F Bruggen B.F.P.O. 40.

I know it needs Pics, how do you guys post them. Many thanks Kev

https://imgur.com/gfijCvt

https://imgur.com/K51NnjH

https://imgur.com/XdgXJzG
    Just brought up your pics on the blue de-lux cased lp53. On going through my collection of 53s i located one of mine which looks identical to yours,black case,blue lining and complete with all its sights etc in a condition which looks as good as your example (minty).Gun HAS SMOOTH black finish to the action, black grips and adjustable trigger.pellets differ as mine are orig. RWS 100 . Although your 53 was bought in 1960 you did not give the serial number of the gun, it would be interesting to give serial no.to get year it was actually made. Mine 53 is17749 which dates it to 1956.i know thousands were made but not in the black and blue boxes.Others come in black red, blue red etc.
    Roly.