Thread: Original Model 72 Valuation

Original Model 72 Valuation

I would be very grateful if some of the knowledgeable people on here could give a valuation on this little rifle.
    Original Model 72, very good condition, has a few light marks on the stock and light browning on the barrel where the cocking hand is placed.
    It punches a neat hole in the target at 6 yards.
    It has the original handbook.
    I can email pictures if required.

Many thanks
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

This is a difficult one. 72's are very rare and hardly ever come up for sale. The only way you will realise more than the price of a Model 6 pistol (c. £100-150) is if a serious Diana enthusiast pops up and offers significant mark up on the pistol, due to its rarity. But, like the gun, they are very thin on the ground.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    like this ? Had to google, never even heard of it !

Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Model 72

Yes, exactly like that.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    This is a difficult one. 72's are very rare and hardly ever come up for sale. The only way you will realise more than the price of a Model 6 pistol (c. £100-150) is if a serious Diana enthusiast pops up and offers significant mark up on the pistol, due to its rarity. But, like the gun, they are very thin on the ground.
    Many thanks for your input.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Lovely little thing. Might be if interest to BSA Buccaneer and Drulov Eagle owners as it’s a pistol turned into a better rifle type of device.

Well I had not heard of the mod 72 or the Gissless version, the mod 70 until now. There is something very appealing about a miniature break barrel target rifle.
    Something else to add to my "would really like but will not find list" lol
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

They come up for sale in Germany on egun occasionally and make similar money to a Diana 60 or 66, so I’d say anything from £150-250 in the u.k given the condition and if you can find someone who really wants one.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by ptdunk; 15-12-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Condition

Some great photos and old catalog info on these in the evergreen Vintage Airgun Gallery:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-72/#post-2483

Pure shot in the dark, but I'm guessing a nice model 70 would easily bring $200 here in the US, and a 72 maybe $300.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Well I had not heard of the mod 72 or the Gissless version, the mod 70 until now. There is something very appealing about a miniature break barrel target rifle.
    Something else to add to my "would really like but will not find list" lol
    Me too. I thought I had finished the collecting but I WANT one of those cuties.

They must be incredibly easy to cock, given that they are basically a mod 6 pistol mechanism with a 'bloop tube' to separate the front and rear sights.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The only thing that would put me off is the trigger mechanism. Looks very complicated in order to move it backwards from where it was in the pistol.

I might use it as an inspiration to make a diddy target stock for the Artemis CP2 I have just bought so the boys can try a bit of cheap 6yd target shooting?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Many thanks for the feedback.