Thread: Diopter sight Orignal model value help please

Diopter sight Orignal model value help please

Many thanks Kev.

WOW, that is a stunner! It's a second-variant model 50b. The first variant was upgraded sights applied to the basic sporter stock, but yours has a lovely, exhaustively-checkered stock that is more like a slimmed-down version of the full-blown model 50M ("Match") woodwork of the day. That has to be one of the rarest model 50 production variants, and to my mind the most beautiful. The condition looks superb.

Here in the US, post-war Dianas have never quite caught on as collectibles, and that might be a $400 gun on a good day. But the 50 is highly sought in Germany and it would likely bring much more there (my theory is...the model 50 was the rifle every schoolboy wanted but couldn't afford in the lean post-war years!).

For comparison, here is a link to photos of the models 50a, 50b, and first-variant model 50M on the Vintage Airgun Gallery site (these are my guns and I'd trade you any two of them for yours!). A couple of years ago I saw a first-variant model 50b - cosmetically a step below the one below - fetch almost 800 Euros on the German auction site eGun. I don't know if that's realistic for the UK or not...but if I lived there, I'd be on my way to your house with a bag of cash about now!

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-50/#post-2516
    Last edited by MDriskill; 18-12-2020 at 09:05 PM.

I have one of these not in quite as good condition as yours plus a minty Model 50M I would have thought your rifle would be worth around £325-£350.

Any more thoughts on this Guys, I really need to thin down my collection.