It seems to me that the fundamental question being asked here is; would winning/acquiring/receiving vast wealth make you happier? For many people, if not the majority, I think the answer is probably not.

Imagine a huge lottery win of say £10,000,000 - the sheer enormity of merely administering that amount of money? Just the aggravation in finding 'financial 'advisors' you could trust to 'advise'?
Who to tell, if anyone. Who to give money to and who not to? Dealing with the potential resentment from family and friends if your good fortune became public knowledge? And so on. The list of potential difficulties would be endless - and so would the stress I suggest.

Then to bring it down to the collecting of airguns. Perhaps knowing you had funds to buy anything at all, would make you dissatisfied with your modest collection of Gats . You may decide that since you can now afford cased Purdey shotguns, then that is what you should buy. But having bought half a dozen you might find that although exquisite they do not actually 'do it' for you. Would you then become dissatisfied. So what would you do next?

Probably the happy medium is best. The pleasure in finding that elusive piece at the right price is hard to beat, but having the resources to sometimes 'go out on a limb' for that special item,is also good to have.
Having bought it, and then deciding if you do actually like it as much as you thought you would, and then what to do with it thereafter, is of course the most personal decision of all? It is why collectors of all persuasions are all a bit mad really!