Thread: What would you expect to pay for a LAC 577"?

What would you expect to pay for a LAC 577"?

I have been offered a .577" made by the London Arms Company. A bit of research has revealed that they are well made. (Parts made to a .003" tolerance). I see they were only in business from 1855 to 1866 so any gun made by them is a rarity.

The prices seem to vary between 800 and 2,000 and from the description there appears to be little between them regarding condition.
    Obviously it would be prudent to give any prospective purchase a good inspection before parting with ones money.

The one I have been offered is priced at 1,000, and belongs to someone I am acquainted with. It is allegedly in good condition. It is too far away to go and have a look (approx 130 miles). and the lockdown would prevent it at the present time.

Any comments would be of interest.

ps. It has not been converted to a Snider.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    I have been offered a .577" made by the London Arms Company. A bit of research has revealed that they are well made. (Parts made to a .003" tolerance). I see they were only in business from 1855 to 1866 so any gun made by them is a rarity.

The prices seem to vary between 800 and 2,000 and from the description there appears to be little between them regarding condition.
    Obviously it would be prudent to give any prospective purchase a good inspection before parting with ones money.

The one I have been offered is priced at 1,000, and belongs to someone I am acquainted with. It is allegedly in good condition. It is too far away to go and have a look (approx 130 miles). and the lockdown would prevent it at the present time.

Any comments would be of interest.

ps. It has not been converted to a Snider.
    You say you know of it? Have you seen any recent pictures of it? Is it a two or three-band version? Chequered or not? Lots to ask if I was buying it....If it is in what you would call good condition then I would say to buy it - but nobody can advise you without seeing the present condition.

ask if smooth bored or rifled ?
    quite a few are smooth bored but with rifle type rear ladder sights
    email...... stephenbarrow@ntlworld.com
    3 bed static at thornwick bay to let 2016....pm for details

A picture of the rifling would help give you an indication of how much use it's had. Without overall pictures though, it's very hard to give a proper answer as to value.