Thread: FWB butt pad.

FWB butt pad.

Hi,
    I have an FWB 150 which is in excellent condition EXCEPT the rubber butt pad is showing signs of it’s 50 plus years age in that it is quite hard and cracking.
    Does anyone know where I might get a replacement for this pad. Unfortunately it is not a stocked FWB spare part anymore. Any leads or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I don't, but if you find some I could do with one for mine!

Do you just want one that fits and looks the part, or a new old stock/secondhand original item ?

Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Do you just want one that fits and looks the part, or a new old stock/secondhand original item ?

Vic Thompson.
    Ideally an original item in good condition (well better than the current one anyway). A new non original one that fitted would be ok too.
    Looked at the German web site that has an original for sale but my German is not quite up to confidently ordering it from there. Trying to find out if a 300 would fit the 150.

TBMK the two but pads are different in principle as one is an adjustable one, the other fixed. Interchangeability depends on the end of the stock being the same in three dimensions, and the pitch of the fixing screws being the same and also in the same relationship to the but outline. That's all negative I'm afraid, but I'd have thought that it would be straightforward to borrow one off a 300 and try it for fit, which if it did, might not lead on to an easier exercise than finding one off a 150, but at least you know that the 300 ones are available new for around the £50+mark as a last resort.

Vic Thompson.

Thanks Vic,
    I am not so worried about the position of the screws because I would guess it’s wood screws into wood rather than bolts into threaded sleeves. Screw holes can be plugged and new holes drilled. I am more worried about length and width of the pad. If the replacement is larger then not so much of a problem but if it is smaller then it will be more difficult to make it look good, for me anyway.

According to the FWB exploded diagrams for the two guns both but pads are fixed to the butt using screws into captive fixings sunk into the wood of the stock. However, from memory they can be unscrewed from the stock so could be removed and plugged and different fixing spacings used if necessary.

It's just possible that a trawl of local shooting clubs might turn up something as there might well be a few old FWBs still in use that have had a but pad upgrade and the old one is sitting in a cupboard somewhere begging for a good home.

Either way, good luck in your search, Vic Thompson.

Just a thought, have you tried emailing the German site in English because my experience is there is usually someone who can speak English better than most of us!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by pajj View Post
    Just a thought, have you tried emailing the German site in English because my experience is there is usually someone who can speak English better than most of us!
    or just use google translate
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have both a 1966 FWB150 and a 1983 FWB300S Junior. I think I checked a couple of years ago to see if the 300S adjustable butt pad could fit the 150, and I think it fitted well. I would not want to vouch for that 100% though, and I don't have the 150 with me now to check again.

Quote Originally Posted by pajj View Post
    Thanks, I contacted Foest. Europa who I believe are in Germany as they have replied before in English. They have FWB spares. I will keep you posted.
    Thanks for all advice, very much appreciated.

Got one going spare

Hi,
    I have a spare left handed 150 stock which I’d stripped for a project that I don’t think I’ll get round to.
    I intend to put the stock up for sale at some point, it has a nice condition original non-adjustable 150 butt pad.

If you can’t source an original one p.m me for pics and maybe we can sort something out.

Obviously I’d prefer to keep it with the left handed stock as it’d make it easier to sell both together but no biggie if I end up splitting. Not sure if anyone would want a a leftie 150 stock anyway.

Cheers,
    Matt