Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year Resolution

New Year Resolution

Here is a pre-Xmas warning to NZ Airgun collectors. Early next year I will attempt to divest myself of most of my collection.Time to pass things on!In it are many of the items that can be seen at my old website(cinedux.com)A Merry Xmas to all!
    PS I look out the window and see a couple of big black yatchs readying themselves? PRADA Cup starts this afternoon.
    http://cinedux.com/

Sorry to hear that Trevor.

All the best,
    Matt

I assume you can’t ship t the US? Wish you all the best with the sale.

Thumbs up

It's my resolution too to get the collection down to a manageable size although, I may be acquiring a special Webley mk3 hopefully!!

Trouble is that I have so many 'Collections' that I fear we may be on an episode of The hoarder next door before long!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Red face I don't watch the hoarders...I watch the pickers!

who is kidding who ol' man?

Whether and what is postable is a difficult question nowadays. Our local PO won't touch anything to do with guns it seems.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    It's my resolution too to get the collection down to a manageable size although, I may be acquiring a special Webley mk3 hopefully!!

Trouble is that I have so many 'Collections' that I fear we may be on an episode of The hoarder next door before long!!

John
    I wish you the kind of will power you've managed to demonstrate in previous years John.

Good luck.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    I find that when one type of collecting starts to wain, another one takes it's place . still l surpose we have to have something to occupy our time and minds, but it is difficult to let go of things.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I wish you the kind of will power you've managed to demonstrate in previous years John.

Good luck.

Dave

Ha ha ha!!, Merry Christmas Dave, Hope you have a good one!!

John

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Here is a pre-Xmas warning to NZ Airgun collectors. Early next year I will attempt to divest myself of most of my collection.Time to pass things on!In it are many of the items that can be seen at my old website(cinedux.com)A Merry Xmas to all!
    PS I look out the window and see a couple of big black yatchs readying themselves? PRADA Cup starts this afternoon.
    http://cinedux.com/
    Hi Trev,
    Sorry to hear that you are going to be disposing of much of your amazing collection, but I suppose it is a decision that we will all have to face sooner or later. These days, gun collections, unlike other types of collectables, are likely to be more of a liabilty than an asset if left as a legacy to our loved ones. So it makes sense to convert items to cash while you can, as you will be better placed than anyone to maximise the return. When I decide to beak up my collection, I will settle for keeping one or two favourites items, along with a good quality photo album of all the others, just for reminiscing over.

Will you keep one? Which one?

Sorry to hear you're finally letting go of the last bits of your collection, Trev, after a lifetime of airgun collecting, but I understand. With any luck you'll stick around here for many years to come.

I wonder if Mick (walnutfarmermick) is planning to take a container out of New Zealand in 2021? It would be great to have the stuff back here!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do and Happy Christmas Trev.

For younger collectors and those that don't know it, Trevor has been the best of us and his cinedux.com web site is a phenomenon, replicated and preserved (hopefully) forever in the vintage airguns gallery.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thumbs up

Good luck.

Dave
    Thinking back Dave, I recall selling a rifle to you so the rout has begun!!

John

Unhappy

Thats something I must do. I modify specials and just park them up in gun bags, sometimes for years.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Thinking back Dave, I recall selling a rifle to you so the rout has begun!!

John
    Don't remind me.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Red face

Don't remind me.

Dave

John