Thread: A Christmas Time story

A Christmas Time story

Around 1949 I splashed thirty odd bob for an unusual wee pistol in the window of our local sports store.It was a Milbro CUB,a 500 shot(yep!) No6 shot,squeeze-bulb BB repeater.Gave me a bit of joy for a time and many years later was traded for a Crosman 600. I pined for it though and eventually swapped a boxed Webley Senior for a rather minty sample of the CUB. Then,lo and behold,I noticed one at the big auction site and it carried an asking price of 99 cents US.I bid.No-one else did.I now had two CUBs.Neither had a rearsight until I chanced on a French bloke selling Pneuma-tir reasights.Identical to Milbro ones but in metres.Then I found Milbro made these sights in both yards and metres.So I bought a French one....for $80! Now.one CUB is complete.Talk about swings and round-a-bouts!
    Happy New Year Trev

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    They go for a lot more than that here! I had one when I was a kid, long lost. Managed to buy one with non perished bulb recently in a box so the joy of blasting tiny BBs all over the floor to be trodden on is back!

I remember you saying a while back, Trev, that a functional replacement for the Cub/Pneuma-Tir's squeeze bulb was the rubber bulb from a medical stethoscope. Now there's a tip only you would discover!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I remember you saying a while back, Trev, that a functional replacement for the Cub/Pneuma-Tir's squeeze bulb was the rubber bulb from a medical stethoscope. Now there's a tip only you would discover!
    You may be thinking of a blood pressure tester Danny.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post

Dave
    I believe you're right, Dave, thanks. My mistake.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

True,True,

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    the cheapest airgun spare part I've ever bought!;-) The bulb off an old mercury blood pressure machine.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post

Dave
    Yes that's right, l bought one for mine.