Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eusta LP210 pistol freshly serviced

Eusta LP210 pistol freshly serviced

Hi all,
    with my collecting starting to concentrate on rarer pistols I was very happy to get this concentric Eusta LP210 succesfully delivered from Germany

[IMG][/IMG]

I know a few other people on here have reported pellets not making it down the barrel and mine was the same, and it shot with a loud crack usually indicating something wasn't sealing properly.

I noticed crumbly piston crumbs in the barrel and around the transfer ports so I took it apart to discover a crumbly 'cheese' plastic piston seal that was no longer sealing around the barrel.

[IMG][/IMG]

I set about making a three piece leather seal, the first needed a countersunk style hole cutting in it to fit tightly around the end of the piston, and the other two with holes to seal around the barrel. they were then glued to each other with cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) which bonds leather very well.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The new seal had to match the depth of the old one to give the the cocking lever linkage a bit of slack.

Now the shot cycle is lovely, with no crack or boing. It reminds me of the Jumbo/Champion shot cycle but without their twang.
    it now does a very consistant 265fps with 7.33 4.52 Falcon accuracy +, which seem to fit where other pellets are quite tight.

It really is a lovely pistol, I'm not a fan of co2 replica pistols but there's something very pleasing about the Eusta's similarity to a ppk type pistol.
    Having taken it apart I can see that even though it's quite cheaply made it is a good quality little pistol.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I love it!

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by ptdunk; 09-01-2021 at 04:18 PM.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Welcome to the Eusta pistol fan club Matt. I never understood why these pistols were not exported to the UK, and so can usually only be found in Germany and the USA (if you are lucky).

Yours must be one of the first airgun imports from Germany since we left the EU Customs Union on Jan 1st,, so did you notice any issues?

Cheers
    John

That is very nice. if I happened upon one of those I would find it hard to resist.

Having previously not had much interest in pistols my opinion has changed in the last few years and have found them to be very enjoyable to use. I can't claim to like all pistols and would class myself as an accumulator rather than a collector (for instance I don't "get" the appeal of push in barrel pistols perhaps because I never had one as a boy?). However I do like a spring pistol or an ssp :-)

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Had one here in the USA just about new. Very tight barrel needed to seat the pellet and still not much power. To me stamped parts, plastic trigger and body if I remember. Yes rare but to me a bit cheap. I moved it on.

Very nice Matt.

I bought one at a Bisley Arms Fair for £60 a few years ago and after reading your post, I regret selling it as invariably the pellet did not leave the barrel with every shot. I liked the overall shape but not the feel as although the upper handles like an air pistol, the lower felt like a plastic toy, which was something the low power seemed to confirm. Now I wish I'd known you at the time and talked you into overhauling mine!

Well done.

John

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Welcome to the Eusta pistol fan club Matt. I never understood why these pistols were not exported to the UK, and so can usually only be found in Germany and the USA (if you are lucky).

Yours must be one of the first airgun imports from Germany since we left the EU Customs Union on Jan 1st,, so did you notice any issues?

Cheers
    John
    Seems like a small fan club

Would have been great if these were available in the U.K. from the 1960’s onwards, very fun pistols to shoot.

No issues with this delivery from Germany but now they have to have a form stuck to the outside of the parcel stating the contents. As DHL expressly forbid airguns being sent I’m surprised this one got through, and it may have been a bit of luck. Don’t think I’d risk any expensive airguns especially as over £350 value items have to pay import tax and should any DHL employee processing the delivery know their rules a bit better they could refuse to ship it.

Glad this one got through,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Very nice Matt.

I bought one at a Bisley Arms Fair for £60 a few years ago and after reading your post, I regret selling it as invariably the pellet did not leave the barrel with every shot. I liked the overall shape but not the feel as although the upper handles like an air pistol, the lower felt like a plastic toy, which was something the low power seemed to confirm. Now I wish I'd known you at the time and talked you into overhauling mine!

Well done.

John
    If you get another one I’m sure we can sort out an overhaul for you.
    It took some experimentation to work out how to make the seal, concentrics can be tricky, but now I’ve sussed it out it should be pretty easy to do another one.

That adjustable breach seal is a really clever idea.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    If you get another one I’m sure we can sort out an overhaul for you.
    It took some experimentation to work out how to make the seal, concentrics can be tricky, but now I’ve sussed it out it should be pretty easy to do another one.

That adjustable breach seal is a really clever idea.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Thanks Matt - I thought the same but as I say my example did not perform at its best. Shame really as I had a yearning for one of these ever since I first saw one in a 1960s/70s Gun Digest index.

Kind Regards,

John

NZ

Not sold in NZ.I sourced mine in the USA.
    http://cinedux.com/eusta-air-pistol.php

Thumbs up

They look fab pistolas, I've a EUSTA Rifle, It's a HW35 but with no mention of Melrichstatd Bay

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    They look fab pistolas, I've a EUSTA Rifle, It's a HW35 but with no mention of Melrichstatd Bay

John
    This pistol would make an ideal sidearm for it...

I’ve seen early weihrauchs branded as ‘Burgo’ too.

Matt

DHL expressly forbid airguns being sent I’m surprised this one got through, and it may have been a bit of luck. Don’t think I’d risk any expensive airguns especially as over £350 value items have to pay import tax and should any DHL employee processing the delivery know their rules a bit better they could refuse to ship it.

Glad this one got through,
    Matt
    DHL T&Cs do forbid firearms sent by private people in the UK but what do their business contract terms say for here or overseas. It seem common for continental suppliers to use them as a courier without any problems as long as the item can get through without customs making up laws to class them as RIFs

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    DHL T&Cs do forbid firearms sent by private people in the UK but what do their business contract terms say for here or overseas. It seem common for continental suppliers to use them as a courier without any problems as long as the item can get through without customs making up laws to class them as RIFs
    Pretty sure DHL delivered a pistol I bought from SWS in Germany back in October.

John

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I have had quite a few pistols sent from Germany by DHL with no problems, but that was in pre-Brexit times when the sender did not have to stick a label on the package declaring the contents, and all he had to do was pretend to DHL that the contents did not infringe their t's & c's. Things might be different now - unless DHL don't bother to check the senders customs label.

Thumbs up

This pistol would make an ideal sidearm for it...

I’ve seen early weihrauchs branded as ‘Burgo’ too.

Matt
    There's also Hofmann Premier that imported them pre Hull Cartridge days!

I think it was Danny Garvin that had a Burgo one 👍

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/