Thread: Diana 25 metal sights.

Diana 25 metal sights.

Spent the afternoon having a plink with the '50's Diana, as above, a Webley Junior rifle from the same era, & a late '60's Falcon. Instead of just can blatting set up some proper targets @ 15 yards.
    Given my limited ability,was pleased with the groups.
    Only problem - the 25 had to have it's sight ramp on close to max elevation to group on the bull.
    Tried it with Hobbys, Excite 2's, Bisley Practise, even SMK Shitefires. Much the same.
    Checked stock screws, no barrel droop, power seems OK - original bueing in good nick, possibly a refinished stock, good breech seal.

Wondering if the 'leaf' on the sight has been slightly bent accidentally, & to bend the tang up, very carefully - holding it near the pivot of course!

Any advice welcome

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

If the gun has this type of sight - yes, it's very common for them to get bent. Such a light stamped gadget on top of a heavy rifle is quite exposed to damage (the photo shows two pre-war ones on the left, and the revised post-war version on the right).

The sight can be repaired as you describe - or, you can still buy new ones! These were also used on other brands of guns, and must have been made in vast numbers. Here it is at Waffen-Center Gotha, they also sell individual components:

https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sh...-27::5406.html

Last edited by MDriskill; 12-02-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks!

Thank you for the pics & link. My Diana 25 is a (presumably) Milbro made one, altho' not marked Milbro - think that came later. The butt stamp indicates a 1956 model. The Diana figure has 'made in Great Britain' underneath. Does seem to have the earlier type sight, tho'. But it could have been using up old parts, or been changed anytime over the years since it was made.
    Sure it'll respond to some delicate bending. When I can find the right tool in the chaos of my 'workshop'
    As a temp measure, I've shimmed the ramp with a bit of old watchstrap - works fine. Just come in from a plink.
    Bought it a few years back as it reminded me of my first rifle, an (early?) '50's 27, that had the alloy trigger.

ATB, & thanks again,

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I have one of those Milbro 27's from the 50's, and I believe the rear sight actually is a pre-war German part. I don't think the post-war parts will interchange on the pre-war base, but I think if you buy the whole sight if does fit the mounting dovetail.

It could be a bent barrel, as is the case with my own Model 25, which is barely noticeable but enough to shoot excessively high. I'll have to get that barrel straightened one of these days as it is a lovely little rifle.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    It could be a bent barrel, as is the case with my own Model 25, which is barely noticeable but enough to shoot excessively high. I'll have to get that barrel straightened one of these days as it is a lovely little rifle.

John M
    Talk about overlooking the obvious - hadn't considered that! I'll check it with a straight edge later - any excuse for a visit to the shed/plink.
    I really enjoy shooting 'youth' guns nowadays - had some issues with my arm a while back, & thanks to various garden work my range is a lot shorter than when I moved here.

ATB

Bru

Hmm, no sign of a barrel bend - checked agin a spirit level & steel rule straight edge. Guess it's due to slightly bent sights - the watchstrap shims working for now, will 'adjust' when I find my 'tweaking' pliers.

Thanks

Bru