Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I'm Sat Waiting On Postman Pat

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    That's a lot more work than you'd imagine, Evert --- it would be quicker to build a new piston from scratch.

I still think starting with a 99 piston would be the quickest option, but until I have one in my hands I'm only guessing.

All the best Mick
    For me it would be easier to use the original parts. I have a good lathe, and am fairly comfortable with its use.
    But my milling equipment and skill is less than mediocre, and I'm not comfortable with the hardening needed to make a new piston rod.
    Too many airguns!

I already have 2 Vulcans, Tone, but well done :-

Attachment 311684

Edit :- I forgot to crop the picture :-

Attachment 311685

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick

I'm always keen to see what you turn your hand to air gun wise and anything else come to think of it.

Have you dabbled with the Hw55 or does it remain as you received it ?

All the best

John

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Hi Mick

I'm always keen to see what you turn your hand to air gun wise and anything else come to think of it.

Have you dabbled with the Hw55 or does it remain as you received it ?

All the best

John
    Hi John.

Your old HW55 is waiting in the wings at present, just as she arrived and I may just keep her as Herman intended.
    Having said that I may have a little play with her by fitting the 69.5mm stroke piston that I made for my bitsa HW50 to compare the firing cycles.

All the best Mick

All the best Mick

Hi John.

Your old HW55 is waiting in the wings at present, just as she arrived and I may just keep her as Herman intended.
    Having said that I may have a little play with her by fitting the 69.5mm stroke piston that I made for my bitsa HW50 to compare the firing cycles.

All the best Mick

Hi Mick

The 55 was intended in a round about sort of way for my daughter but I won't tell her I sold it if you don't

I too had thought's of fitting a Hw50 piston to the 55 but didn't want to over stress an old classic and as luck had it, I managed to cobble together a Mk1 Hw50 with the help of a very good chap on this forum, so one of the Hw's had to go.

I've had both .177 & .22 Mk1 50's over 11 fpe with the standard piston stroke, hence why I am so keen to see how yours fairs with an extended piston stroke.

All the best

John