Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sat Waiting On Postman Pat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm guessing HW55 or a Webley Vulcan?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm guessing HW55 or a Webley Vulcan?
    I already have 2 Vulcans, Tone, but well done :-

image.jpg

Edit :- I forgot to crop the picture :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick

Ah, look at that little beauty.

What are your plans for this little masterpiece, Mick?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Ah, look at that little beauty.

What are your plans for this little masterpiece, Mick?
    I'm just looking at long stroking it by machining up a completely new piston using a TX seal and bearing, Tone --- I'll scope her up with a little 6x32 for a bit of informal garden target work.

I just need to find my 20mm drill bits in order to start on the piston.

All the best Mick

Lovely.

What's the stroke as standard, Mick? And what are you hoping to stretch it out to?

A FedEx driver asked me the other day - "What time is it pal?"
    I replied "Its between 9am and 5.30pm ! "

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    Nice one Ian

My usual conversation with delivery drivers is to ask why they did not shut the gates (as requested on the sign!). Usual answer is I was going to do that on the way out; to which I answer "and you will get there before the dogs?"

However, thanks for the notion in case one asks the time!!

SS&W
    atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    Like it
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Lovely.

What's the stroke as standard, Mick? And what are you hoping to stretch it out to?
    As far as I can make out, Tone, they're the same stroke as the HW50, so about 65mm, which would tie in with John Walther's Airgun book which tells of a HW55 model that used a HW50 cylinder and barrel latch ?

Hopefully I can stretch the stroke to around 72mm but I may be able to go a little more, it's very difficult to give an exact figure until I've measured everything up a few times.
    I can't work measurements from the HW50 I have in bits as I have a 99 barrel on that which moves the cocking lever about 3mm forwards of it's normal position.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    As far as I can make out, Tone, they're the same stroke as the HW50, so about 65mm, which would tie in with John Walther's Airgun book which tells of a HW55 model that used a HW50 cylinder and barrel latch ?

Hopefully I can stretch the stroke to around 72mm but I may be able to go a little more, it's very difficult to give an exact figure until I've measured everything up a few times.
    I can't work measurements from the HW50 I have in bits as I have a 99 barrel on that which moves the cocking lever about 3mm forwards of it's normal position.

All the best Mick
    Ah, great stuff. The HW55 is the best gun Weihrauch made by quite a margin. I have no doubt you could get over 11fpe with an increase in stroke but they shoot magnificently well at 6-7fpe I would be tempted to keep it at that level and give it a good spit and polish tune, sized synthetic piston seal, standard spring etc. They can get very close to the original Walther LGV's in terms of smoothness and I don't think recoilling spring air rifles get any better than that. For a target work in the garden it would be ideal.
    Of course, if you can get all that at 11fpe... oof!

All the best Mick
    Cheers, Mick.. And, no doubt, it'll be lovely by the time you've done with it.

I got one of those, it is called a 55M. Unfortunately the stock is cracked at the wrist, another one of those projects that are waiting...

All the best Mick
    How long has your stroke ended up Mick? I seem to remember that you bad some breech void issues?

I have a mild case of the flu, so been tested for covid, and not allowed to leave the house for some days until the test comes back...

Which means I have some time to work on the old rusty HW50s!
    I had an extra piston, and has machined it down as much as I dare, plus added a steel seal converter so the piston can take Diana/AA seals.
    Had to lengthen the cocking clearance in the piston a few mm's and the stroke is now somewhere between 73-74mm.
    Put in a brass tophat from another HW50 project, and a ARH/JM E3200 spring.

The gun behaves quite well during firing, but I have no idea how fast it shoots, as the chrono in in a box somewhere...
    Too many airguns!

I'm just looking at long stroking it by machining up a completely new piston using a TX seal and bearing, Tone --- I'll scope her up with a little 6x32 for a bit of informal garden target work.

All the best Mick
    So, thinking back to your AA diopter sight thread and Scott's contribution, will you be on for some Mini-Sniping, Mick?

I already have 2 Vulcans, Tone, but well done :-

image.jpg

Edit :- I forgot to crop the picture :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick
    Hi Mick

I'm always keen to see what you turn your hand to air gun wise and anything else come to think of it.

Have you dabbled with the Hw55 or does it remain as you received it ?

All the best

John