Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
Something else I need to have a Squint at is the possibility of using the piston I've already altered but extending the stroke by moving the Rekord pin holes backwards in the back block.
This would increase the stroke and also give a setback trigger, but I have a feeling there's not enough room in the block to do it.
Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Wow! Now that is extreme thinking out of the box. Guessing, like you say, that there may not be enough room to allow this, but you never know.........
Yes, Tone --- after measuring it up there wouldn't be enough gain to make it worthwhile.

A little trick I do when long stroking HW35s to check if the cocking linkage will still work at a longer stroke is to remove the mainspring and wind out the back block by the amount I'm adding to the stroke, and check that it still cocks.
That's to say if I'm stroking a synthetic sealed HW35 from it's standard stroke of 69mm to 71mm I unscrew the back block by 2mm and check that the gun still cocks.

Having just remembered this trick I'll have a little play with a HW50 this afternoon and see what it can be stroked to.

All the best Mick