Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
Threaded interchangeable piston heads and shallow piston seals would assist with piston stroke length in Mk1 Hw50's

Rather time consuming though but something to consider if you have the time and skill to do it
Hi John

If my calculation of the HW99 piston length being 146mm overall, then by machining the Weihrauch piston seal arbor off to expose the piston rod, I could thread the rod to use interchangeable piston heads.
By doing this I could easily alter the stroke between 71mm up to 76mm.

The other alternative I've been looking at is using a TX200 latch rod in a homemade piston body, I could then simply increse the stroke by screwing the rod further into the body --- I'd need to alter the Rekord top sear to use the TX rod but that's a simple enough operation.

Something else I need to have a Squint at is the possibility of using the piston I've already altered but extending the stroke by moving the Rekord pin holes backwards in the back block.
This would increase the stroke and also give a setback trigger, but I have a feeling there's not enough room in the block to do it.

All the best Mick