Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would I lie to you.....

Outstanding...I WANT ONE...!!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post

Outstanding...I WANT ONE...!!!
    Ditto, and as a thrice published author for Morton’s Media, am delighted to see the word “Collectors” in the title as will give it credibility and credence to the non shooting sector. Nice one John.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    am delighted to see the word “Collectors” in the title as will give it credibility and credence to the non shooting sector.
    Agreed. My understanding is that this book provides the level of detail that makes it very much a 'collector's' guide.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Pencil me in for a copy John !!
    Just let me know when and where to send the funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I will ask, maybe he will delete the word 'Collectors' on your copies
    Maybe he'll just crayon over the C word!

I don't want a redacted copy.

Every success, John.

ATVB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Wonderful news, really looking forward to it
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Once we get our hands on JMs eagerly awaited book, the next gap to be filled will be the post-war BSA offerings. It must be difficult to decide on cut-off dates, but we're getting there.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Maybe he'll just crayon over the C word!

I don't want a redacted copy.

Every success, John.

ATVB, Mick

You can be as scathing and sarcastic as you wish. I am simply stating my view. Prof. Griffiths, John Walter, Gordon Bruce and Christoper Thrall didn't feel the need to include the word 'Collectors' in their titles and they are all high class invaluable books to both the collector and the enthusiast. I feel by aiming it directly at collectors , he will be holding back some of his sales.

I presume John's book with be as valuable a source of information as are the other books mentioned, so why target it at one section of it's possible audience?

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    You can be as scathing and sarcastic as you wish. I am simply stating my view. Prof. Griffiths, John Walter, Gordon Bruce and Christoper Thrall didn't feel the need to include the word 'Collectors' in their titles and they are all high class invaluable books to both the collector and the enthusiast. I feel by aiming it directly at collectors , he will be holding back some of his sales.

I presume John's book with be as valuable a source of information as are the other books mentioned, so why target it at one section of it's possible audience?
    Actually, you make a valid point. The book is primarily a guide to collecting the BSA but there are plenty of sections on contemporary and modern use of these century+ old classics. The current name is a working title but I'm open to suggestions as I have not yet gone to print.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Please count me in for a copy John. I am really looking forward to see the finished result of all your hard work. Very exciting !

Andy

Very excited by this book soon to be published, can't wait to obtain a copy. As many have stated in the past, the Knibbs book falls a little short. Looking at my own collection, the minor variations that occurred through the history of production are an interesting note for the collector. Certainly not something I'd wish to try to document. But with John's writing style it'll certainly be a good read.

I especially love the front cover picture of the Bell Target team with all those gents and their Lincoln Jeffries rifles

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky

Dennis Hiller, also used the word collector's on his last books on Air Pistols and Rifles.

I'm sorry if that came over as scathing. It was intended to be a teasing dig at John himself, to say nothing of my probable last chance to use the word 'redacted', now Trump has gone. I had this mental picture of John, working by candle-light, sleeves rolled up, muttering 'I've spent 10 years writing this and now they want me to change it, before it's even been published! Where's my thickest, blackest crayon?'

I'm sure it'll become the standard reference work of the genre, a latterday Gas, Air and Spring Guns with the term ' Ah! But according to Milewski. ' passing into everyday usage even beyond the bounds of Kempton Park.

John needs neither of us springing to his defence. He's already on the road to fame and fortune, so let us just wish him well, enjoy the book and keep scanning the Sunday Times Best Sellers list.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

John needs neither of us springing to his defence. He's already on the road to fame and fortune, so let us just wish him well, enjoy the book and keep scanning the Sunday Times Best Sellers list.

ATB, Mick

I can wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment

I'm sorry if that came over as scathing. It was intended to be a teasing dig at John himself, to say nothing of my probable last chance to use the word 'redacted', now Trump has gone. I had this mental picture of John, working by candle-light, sleeves rolled up, muttering 'I've spent 10 years writing this and now they want me to change it, before it's even been published! Where's my thickest, blackest crayon?'

I'm sure it'll become the standard reference work of the genre, a latterday Gas, Air and Spring Guns with the term ' Ah! But according to Milewski. ' passing into everyday usage even beyond the bounds of Kempton Park.

ATB, Mick
    BEYOND THE BOUNDS OF KEMPTON PARK?