Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: crosman medallist 1300

Good to know Ped,Could i order one from you?

when i do a few yes but i have a few other parts to make for people at present

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...

1300 missing parts

My Uncle made me up a replacement piston, but have since found out that I am missing 3 parts (circled on the parts diagram.

https://imgur.com/vvGPdmC
    https://imgur.com/mYdBDN4

I know I don't have much of a chance of getting hold of them, but wondered if anyone has dimensions/pictures or would even be kind enough to lend me them so I can get parts made up?

Thanks in advance.

Haydn

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    My Uncle made me up a replacement piston, but have since found out that I am missing 3 parts (circled on the parts diagram.

https://imgur.com/vvGPdmC
    https://imgur.com/mYdBDN4

I know I don't have much of a chance of getting hold of them, but wondered if anyone has dimensions/pictures or would even be kind enough to lend me them so I can get parts made up?

Thanks in advance.

Haydn

Hi Haydn

I think the smaller of those parts is just a rubber disc, I may have the other two parts if they were the same as used in a Crosman 140 rifle --- I'll have a look in the morning.

All the best Mick

Great, thanks Mick.

Great, thanks Mick.
    It's looking good, Haydn. :-

image.jpg

These are actually out of a Crosman 140 rifle, so I've just got to cross reference the part numbers to make sure they're the same as in a 1300 before I can post them.

All the best Mick

well done mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It's looking good, Haydn. :-

image.jpg

These are actually out of a Crosman 140 rifle, so I've just got to cross reference the part numbers to make sure they're the same as in a 1300 before I can post them.

All the best Mick
    Amazing, thanks!

Amazing, thanks!

Hi Haydn

I've stripped a 1300 this afternoon and those two parts are correct, and I also have the rubber disc now.

If you're sure that's all you need just PM me your name and address and I'll get them in the post to you.

All the best Mick

I have PM'd you Mick, thanks Haydn

1300 piston heads

Good morning ped. ( your inbox is full)

I have a couple of 1300 pump heads that I need converting if you can please. Can I send them to you for you to sort when you have time ? Just let me know how much please ...and your address when you are ready.

That is if you are happy to do them for me.

Best regards

Carl.

i'll empty it
    i'm going to make the heads from scratch rather than convert them so no need to send yours,all you'll need to do i unscrew the head and screw the new one on
    sadly i have to do some falcon parts and cp2 valves before i can do them

Even though Haydn now has the parts I've sent him he's still having problems so I said I'd post on here what does what. :-

image.jpg

First off, the part you've circled saying is still in the gun has the exhaust valve sliding inside it, this part needs to be knocked out (forwards) to clean it, and I fit them onto the valve before inserting it all as a whole.

The exhaust valve is the brass cap on the back of the main valve and has a small O ring around it, there is also a small quad seal inside this cap that seals the air inside the main valve when pressurised --- if this has perished you'll not build pressure up.
    Changing the quad seal is a bit of a fiddle but it's not worth rebuilding the gun without changing it --- hopefully Ped can supply you one.

The other part I sent you to the left of the part circled is basically just a sliding sear which the sear sticking upwards from the trigger unit catches to hold the exhaust valve closed in its forward position --- on pulling the trigger the exhaust valve is moved backwards by the air pressure in the valve allowing the air to go through the transfer port into the barrel behind the pellet.

Anymore questions just shout out.

All the best Mick

i have plenty of quad seals and they can be fiddly
    the valve rear spigot can wear so the exhaust cap doesn't seal even with a new seal (often i've had to mix and match parts )
    i have made a prototype valve that use's a firing pin like a sharps but i've not had time to make more than the valve body
    when i get through the list of parts i need to make and log season is over i'll do a bit more work on it
    the piston heads i hope to do shortly i'm on with cp2 valves and i have to make some falcon parts then they're next on the list

i have plenty of quad seals and they can be fiddly
    the valve rear spigot can wear so the exhaust cap doesn't seal even with a new seal (often i've had to mix and match parts )
    i have made a prototype valve that use's a firing pin like a sharps but i've not had time to make more than the valve body
    when i get through the list of parts i need to make and log season is over i'll do a bit more work on it
    the piston heads i hope to do shortly i'm on with cp2 valves and i have to make some falcon parts then they're next on the list