Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fas 6004 v 604

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Zooma is spot on, what is not acceptable in this thread is the offensive language, and insulting attitudes, of some posters, that is a total disgrace, things, and language I have never seen on this forum before, I would say to those people, that others are entitled to their view, right or wrong, you may disagree, but you may not insult, so they need to apologise unreservedly, or never stain this site with their presence again.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Exactly !
    I resisted (nearly) further commenting on this thread, but kept watching, when certain members started insulting and name calling. For Bob (ZOOMA) Mike (MIKEC4) and I to do so is expected because its done with the greatest respect for each other and our years of experience with 10m pistols. I feel certain members posting on this thread should be posting an apology.

Not received an apology yet...... however I'm not holding my breath; difficult for me anyway, stage 3 COPD has that effect.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Just dropped onto this thread, parts of which appear sadly to be more suited to Faceache than a serious section of the BBS.

I assume my 604 is pretty old, though in excellent order. It carries numbers 5533 and DAT .3180 if they give any indication of age. There is no sign of cracking in the angle of the overlever and no obvious signs of wear in the barrel pivot pin. The only problem I have had, twice, is the breakage of the tiny hair spring in the trigger mechanism.

It's as accrate as an accurate thing and will forever outshoot me! (and probably most other club level shooters).
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special
    Sorry...but been looking to buy one of these, but on the 604, what should be written on the side, and from those numbers can I gauge the age and which mark.
    The 6004 is quite explanatory.
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
    Sorry...but been looking to buy one of these, but on the 604, what should be written on the side, and from those numbers can I gauge the age and which mark.
    The 6004 is quite explanatory.
    From memory, mine had AP604 on the side.
    I shot one for a few years - lovely triggers, only about 330 fps (which is fairly normal I think) but didn't seem to hamper it's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by andyals View Post
    I'm not saying all my targets look like this but I just finished my practice session tonight on a five shot high.
    10 meters single freehand.
    I certainly don't think the pistol is lacking in the accuracy department

If that's a true indication of your abilities at 10m unsupported with a budget gun and cheap pellets - you should join your local 10m club & you'd do very well.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Just dropped onto this thread, parts of which appear sadly to be more suited to Faceache than a serious section of the BBS.
    You are entitled to your opinion as is every other member of this forum.

However, when one's knowledge and experience is queried in the manner of one of the respondents to the original discussion, I believe there is a right of reply.

To compare the parts of the thread to social media in general is inappropriate in this case.

As was stated by Robin C, an apology is in order and to date has not been received.

Draw your own conclusions from the lengthy silence..
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I was banned 18 months back from NA and MO, for far far less and with absolutely no offensive language or name calling. Maybe the same has applied here?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

I see there is a 6004 for sale here on the BBS at the moment.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....tch-air-pistol
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I see there is a 6004 for sale here on the BBS at the moment.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....tch-air-pistol
    Ad was placed in April, with nothing till yesterday - so not exactly "at the moment"...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Ad was placed in April, with nothing till yesterday - so not exactly "at the moment"...
    Thats strange - this 6004 v 604 thread was started by the seller in April - and I have only just noticed the ad to sell it - also dated April ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thats strange - this 6004 v 604 thread was started by the seller in April - and I have only just noticed the ad to sell it - also dated April ?
    Stranger still is the fact that andyals and candleman were one and the same person --- both accounts now closed

All the best Mick

I must admit to reading most threads in this dusty old section of the forum and while I reply to very very few (because I don't know enough) I always enjoy the education and comments from shall I say the elder statesmen of BBS shooting...

The 6004 caught my interest when I saw a typical overly enthusiastic video by Giles Barry a while ago, and it looked quite interesting.
    Admittedly I will never ever become even a half decent target shooter as it's just not in me to be that serious about target shooting.
    I love shooting my FWB300s at 10 yards and Im utterly crap by even a blind beginners standards,, but I always have fun shooting it..
    with the same thoughts in mind I (stupidly) read this thread as I quite fancy a target pistol to mess around with for my own fun and the 604/ 6004 was very much on my radar... yeah thanks Giles

Going back to the elder statesmen.... FFS I thought I was in Non Airgun for a while

So I guess the point of my post is.. Damn Im so bloody shocked at this kind of drama in this always civilised area AND I guess Im not sure whether I should keep on looking at these pistols or look elsewhere for some non serious fun

Did I ever mention that I hate this bloody hobby it always costs a fortune?

Arrow Sig

I've watched this thread with some interest & sadness, & also worried that my Sig target pistol i believe comes from the same stables! having said that its more accurate than i shall ever be.