Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Oh my giddy aunt

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bath, innit?
    Posts
    5,150

    Oh my giddy aunt

    https://worap.wordpress.com/2016/11/...-magic-pistol/

    Came across this while rooting around on the Internet (btw he’s got a series of quite good articles on real air pistols too)

    While I would have absolutely loved one of these aged 9, I can only think it is a very, very good idea I didn’t have one

    (The other reviews are here: https://worap.wordpress.com/category...pistol-review/)
    The miserable man and evil minded, makes of all things mockery,
    and knows not that which he best should know,
    that he is not free from faults.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wainfleet, lincolnshire.
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    https://worap.wordpress.com/2016/11/...-magic-pistol/

    Came across this while rooting around on the Internet (btw he’s got a series of quite good articles on real air pistols too)

    While I would have absolutely loved one of these aged 9, I can only think it is a very, very good idea I didn’t have one

    (The other reviews are here: https://worap.wordpress.com/category...pistol-review/)
    Never ever heard of one before, but i would like to see any data for injuries that were caused through one. I bet it's not as many as you might think Jerry.

    I like the description of firing it at your sister, ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long. Just imagine shooting at your little sister with one of these (because you just would, wouldn’t you? After all, it’s “harmless”). If the ping-pong ball didn’t get her, the flame-thrower certainly would.
    Last edited by fozzy45; 03-05-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    Rich enough to pay for streaming services online 24/7, without subsidising a left wing organisation. 🖕

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bath, innit?
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    Never ever heard of one before, but i would like to see any data for injuries that were caused through one. I bet it's not as many as you might think Jerry.

    I like the description of firing it at your sister, ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long. Just imagine shooting at your little sister with one of these (because you just would, wouldn’t you? After all, it’s “harmless”). If the ping-pong ball didn’t get her, the flame-thrower certainly would.
    “Not as dangerous as you might think” would have been a brilliant 1950s advertising slogan.
    The miserable man and evil minded, makes of all things mockery,
    and knows not that which he best should know,
    that he is not free from faults.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wainfleet, lincolnshire.
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    “Not as dangerous as you might think” would have been a brilliant 1950s advertising slogan.
    It's got a certain ring to it that.🤣🤣

    And I reckon they would have flown off the shelves with that.🤣
    Rich enough to pay for streaming services online 24/7, without subsidising a left wing organisation. 🖕

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    gateshead
    Posts
    15,258
    not heard of them

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    City of London
    Posts
    8,576
    I know we rightly mock the interference of elf'n'safety in aspects of our lives it should keep out of, but aiming this product at children is downright irresponsible.

    Even for an adult it should be plastered with warnings and built to a standard equal to the potential danger to the user!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    875
    That is mental...

    Great review, and interesting seeing it shot on video.

    Not surprised it is classed as a firearm or banned in some states!

    Yikes.

    Matt

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Dartmouth
    Posts
    170
    Oh boy, after you shoot/blow everyone up, you can test them in your atomic energy lab lol

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    479

    Had a wee blast with my Austin Dog Trainer

    It ia a real paint stripper!

  10. #10
    keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    5,308
    Good job it is hard to get hold of here in the uk, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4of...KREOSANEnglish

  11. #11
    aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Alvaston, Derby.
    Posts
    1,756
    This is my favourite part.....



    Finally, even when using small quantities of magic crystals, each shot involved the ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long, even when using small quantities of magic crystals, each shot involved the ping-pong ball leaving the muzzle at high velocity followed by a tongue of flame of up to eight feet long
    HW98K .177 / HW30S .177 / HW35 .22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •