Thread: Explosives Certificate - Reclassification of blackpowder substitutes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Been to Kranks this week

Rang them to see which license was needed , they said bp licence with 026/027

I explained it was triple 7 fffg muzzle loading powder that I had previously purchased from them when it was classified 0161

They said it had to be ordered as they now keep it off site, so it was ordered for the following day to be collected

Following day went to collect it with bp license, they refused to sell it as didn’t have 0499 on bp license

I explained that I had asked it I could get it on my bp license as it was a 40 mile round trip

They said 0499 has to be on my bp ticket , otherwise they can’t sell it !

I said that I understand that which is why I rang them first before hand 😡

They couldn’t understand why I would want triple 7 despite it being a muzzle loading powder for my muzzle loaders

They also said that they wouldn’t buy a second hand gun that had been used with triple 7 !

Rang North Yorkshire Police and they said I need to apply to have 0499 put on my bp license

Useless as usual

Quote Originally Posted by svincett View Post
    Been to Kranks this week

Rang them to see which license was needed , they said bp licence with 026/027

I explained it was triple 7 fffg muzzle loading powder that I had previously purchased from them when it was classified 0161

They said it had to be ordered as they now keep it off site, so it was ordered for the following day to be collected

Following day went to collect it with bp license, they refused to sell it as didn’t have 0499 on bp license

I explained that I had asked it I could get it on my bp license as it was a 40 mile round trip

They said 0499 has to be on my bp ticket , otherwise they can’t sell it !

I said that I understand that which is why I rang them first before hand 😡

They couldn’t understand why I would want triple 7 despite it being a muzzle loading powder for my muzzle loaders

They also said that they wouldn’t buy a second hand gun that had been used with triple 7 !

Rang North Yorkshire Police and they said I need to apply to have 0499 put on my bp license
    Kranks Useless as usual see my post on them. AVOID