Thread: Stock customisation

Stock customisation

Hi everyone,

Following a few recent threads I've posted that have turned into a wealth of knowledge, I'm back for another go.

I recently happened upon a cometa 300s for a bit of a steal so I bought it unseen and although it's got a few dents etc and the previous owner liked his wd40 far to much, it fires, seems quite accurate, although the Richtor optic scope was mounted pretty badly, and I actually quite like it..
    Unfortunately it's a rh stock and I'm a lefty so I'm considering re working the stock, removing the cheek piece from the left side and then maybe building both sides up to make it an ambi or leaving as is, it's a beech stock but I was considering using walnut to add on and accent.
    I'm a joiner/machinist by trade and have no doubt in my ability but don't want to ruin what is a reasonable stock with the "max power" effect. Pretty sure I can pull something off but looking for people who have done similar so if any of you have words of wisdom or even better pics of your creations I'd love to hear/see them...

Cheers all

Pete.
    AA S510 Reg'd, BSA MK1 meteor, Hw30s.

i wish you all the best bud

My initial thoughts would be to remove the 'cheek pad' and make it ambi, then make an adjustable riser.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

As Neil said..... Cut the cheak piece off.... Reverse it... Put on a pair of adjustable rods.... Jobs a good un....
    I did this as a school project years ago.... Got an A for woodwork too!

Quote Originally Posted by pete1781 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Following a few recent threads I've posted that have turned into a wealth of knowledge, I'm back for another go.

I recently happened upon a cometa 300s for a bit of a steal so I bought it unseen and although it's got a few dents etc and the previous owner liked his wd40 far to much, it fires, seems quite accurate, although the Richtor optic scope was mounted pretty badly, and I actually quite like it..
    Unfortunately it's a rh stock and I'm a lefty so I'm considering re working the stock, removing the cheek piece from the left side and then maybe building both sides up to make it an ambi or leaving as is, it's a beech stock but I was considering using walnut to add on and accent.
    I'm a joiner/machinist by trade and have no doubt in my ability but don't want to ruin what is a reasonable stock with the "max power" effect. Pretty sure I can pull something off but looking for people who have done similar so if any of you have words of wisdom or even better pics of your creations I'd love to hear/see them...

Cheers all

Pete.
    I think it would very nice indeed, perhaps cut out the existing RH cheek rest, & let in a double sided/ambidextrous replacement with some colour contrast to stand out.

How did you get on?

have you had a crack at this yet? would like to see some pictures...was thinking of doing the same to my dads R10se, yet am also afriad to customise the walnut stock...