Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evolution of the 12 FPE rule

Rapid fire potential might have been the reason CO2 airguns were made Section One. I think John Walter suggests this in one of his books. But I am not sure what the facts are. Another piece of research to carry out.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Rapid fire potential might have been the reason CO2 airguns were made Section One. I think John Walter suggests this in one of his books. But I am not sure what the facts are. Another piece of research to carry out.

Hi Mate, I am not up on the process of how laws are drafted 100% but presume there would have been consultations / discussions etc. and from a recent film I saw about Parliament, every thing is recorded kept and stored.

I suppose it is a combination of where to look and if accessible to researchers / digitised or dusty boxes buried , It should be stored somewhere I would imagine, so the answer is out there (as they say in that TV series)

ATB, ED

A lot of the information on the firearms act and further consultations is available from the Home Office minutes.
    It's been a long time since I looked but I think you can get to this information through their website but be prepared for a lot on searching.

Alternatively someone posted a link on Craig-P's stirring the semi auto nest thread --- also be prepared for a long search in that 56 page thread.

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...87#post6402687

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    A lot of the information on the firearms act and further consultations is available from the Home Office minutes.
    It's been a long time since I looked but I think you can get to this information through their website but be prepared for a lot on searching.

Alternatively someone posted a link on Craig-P's stirring the semi auto nest thread --- also be prepared for a long search in that 56 page thread.

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...87#post6402687

All the best Mick
    That brought back unpleasant memories. North Yorkshire police did us all a favour forcing the issue with the lp50 and ending the bed wetting over “semi auto” airguns.
    Morally flawed