Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW77 tinkering again

HW77 tinkering again

Thanks for looking. Having another think about the removable barrel idea. Twist lock/push button are used on others but they have a longer block and secure the barrel breech too.
    Favour a discreet fix at the mo'. The land between the underlever fork will take 5 mm grub screws OK.
    Any practical observations appreciated.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJr...ew?usp=sharing

Way beyond my level of engineering ability and equipment levels. Best of luck with this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

May be burnt at the stake for this but the conversions I've seen are a bit obvious and need stock cutting which doesn't suit me.

good luck bud ive never been in to dong the internals of any of my guns

Got a bit more done this week. Them that know advise against this quick lock method as being to flimsy. We'll see. It's a bit of fun and reversible anyway. Tempted to work out shear strength of pins and impact force on barrel breech but just as easy, for me, to suck it and see.
    Favoured M5 but a bit clumsy so gone down to M4. Hindsight suggests room for four/five M4. Transplant some innards next.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Cf6Qasm5yTbcGsv7

hope it turns out ok

Just musing about this. I’ve been watching a lot of videos by Forgotten Weapons on YouTube and a popular way to enable rapid barrel removal on some firearms (eg machine guns) is interrupted threads. Thread the barrel and action for a decent length with a fairly coarse thread then machine away sections. Push barrel in, twist a quarter turn and it’s snugged up tight. Has this ever been done with airguns?
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Assembled with donor internals. Breech block secured, temporarily, with interference fit thrust buttons.
    Cocks and fires but may not last.
    Another hindsight. Dog screw(s) angled toward thrust like the HW100 would reduce shear stress and put them under stronger compression.
    The load on HW100 is negligible but idea is good.
    How many cycles without failure would suggest faithful?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/WH79BPs6EupCYJSa6
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/8G6CS4cvXVGmPYVv6

For a quick change 77 barrel swap over if given this as a engineering project.

Drill and tap 6 holes, 2 either side of the 77 marking at 45 and 315 degrees and 2 either side of where the Hw name stamping are, 5 or 6mm grub screws to sit flush as possible when fully tight to retain the barrel.

Brass grub screws or plain black which ever but it would look well engineered and work as intended
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    it would look well
    Journalistic misquote. However, yuk 3

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Journalistic misquote. However, yuk 3
    3 yuks and I'm out

You'd better come up with something to impress or I will be throwing more than a yuk your way
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    3 yuks and I'm out

You'd better come up with something to impress or I will be throwing more than a yuk your way
    As another 'Welsh' bloke infamously said " like a carbuncle on the face of an old friend"

Pondering a rocking sear where the grub screws are now. However, sacrificial breech block, skill/tool set, a bit scarce at the mo'.

As another 'Welsh' bloke infamously said " like a carbuncle on the face of an old friend"

Pondering a rocking sear where the grub screws are now. However, sacrificial breech block, skill/tool set, a bit scarce at the mo'.
    Function over aesphetics rules the day

Nid aur yw popeth melyn
    Hw77+7

Heart rules the head! Or "Mae peth o harddwch yn llawenydd am bethefnos"

Heart rules the head!
    Heb dyfal a dyr
    Hw77+7