Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW77 tinkering again

Latest view. Over a hundred shots at 11 fpe with no sign of movement. For curiosity going to remove dogs one at a time, and repeat, starting with the M5 to check faith. The single angled screw is the simplest effective solution springing to mind at the mo'. So going for that next.
    Last edited by deejayuu; 14-05-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Been running on one M4 dog screw for over a hundred shots with no movement or distortion at the dog screw or barrel/block.
    Suggests it's durable and a single screw angled towards breech thrust will be more than adequate.
    Quite fancy this for instantaneous connection but slot needs tool/skill set a bit above mine methinks. Once 'hooked' into register the breech thrust would keep it there hopefully.
    With enough skill more than one dog can be used.
    Last edited by deejayuu; 13-06-2022 at 07:34 AM.

What is your intended final fix for the barrel/breech block DJ and while I don't doubt the sheer strength of a 4 mm grub screw, the repeated impact vibrations on one single point of anchorage, may nor serve well over time to thread wear of that one single location.

One grub screw either side of the upper barrel breech block to help retain the barrel is not going to look out of place and as we all know, 3 points is far better than 1

ATB

HW55T
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    What is your intended final fix for the barrel/breech block DJ and while I don't doubt the sheer strength of a 4 mm grub screw, the repeated impact vibrations on one single point of anchorage, may nor serve well over time to thread wear of that one single location.

One grub screw either side of the upper barrel breech block to help retain the barrel is not going to look out of place and as we all know, 3 points is far better than 1

ATB

HW55T
    Thanks for the support again

Quite fancy the 'bayonet latch' for fun/challenge and thinking a fresh dog nearer the breech end would, need less machining, leave the existing available if required. Easy task for some but would need practice on a dummy barrel or three for me.
    Confident that barrel movement is unlikely with a single, vertical, M4 screw. In truth the shear is on 3 mm plain dog and another hundred or so cycles now with no shift. This convinces me that the simplest, effective, discreet fix is one M4, as now, to locate and another at say forty five degrees, in the same plane, to take the thrust.

Think welding the block back is quick and effective but sticking with removable buttons while fiddling goes on.