Thread: Inserting pictures into a post or thread (PC)

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm

Inserting pictures into a post or thread (PC)

People still seem to be struggling to upload and insert photos into their posts.
    This is a quick tuition on how to do it using postimages.org

First off, you need to know where the pictures are located on your machine. Bung em in "Pictures" or a folder you can instantly find them. I've used Pictures as an example.

OK
    Lets do it:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

If you feel like it, before you submit your post, just delete [IMG] from the beginning of the text you have put in and it wont show [IMG] at the sides of your picture. Just sayin

I dont know why it does this.

I would prefer it if we didnt get bogged down with "I use this site" Or "I do it this way" on this thread.

By all means comment on how Postimages can work better or any tweaks from this site.

Perhaps the kindly Mods will allow this thread for practice.

Yes I know the pics are a bit small, but you can enlarge em by holding down the Ctrl button on you keyboard and then click the + button to make it all clearer. Then Ctrl and - button to get it back to original

Aaaaand relax

And to reiterate,
    In sales write your text then go down the page to "manage attachments" and load the pics direct from your pc.

No excuse for ad's with no pic's of the item.

edit,
    At Neil's point 7 above, rather than click hotlink, I click "Thumbnail for forums", right click COPY then go back to the thread & double Right click PASTE, this inserts the thumbnail pic direct to the post as below
    clicking the pic will then enlarge it.
    Last edited by angrybear; 21-08-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    And to reiterate,
    In sales write your text then go down the page to "manage attachments" and load the pics direct from your pc.

No excuse for ad's with no pic's of the item.

edit,
    At Neil's point 7 above, rather than click hotlink, I click "Thumbnail for forums", right click COPY then go back to the thread & double Right click PASTE, this inserts the thumbnail pic direct to the post as below
    clicking the pic will then enlarge it.

Yup, thats even easier!

Thanks to Neil for doing this.

If you feel like it, before you submit your post, just delete [IMG] from the beginning of the text you have put in and it wont show [IMG] at the sides of your picture. Just sayin

I dont know why it does this.

I would prefer it if we didnt get bogged down with "I use this site" Or "I do it this way" on this thread.

By all means comment on how Postimages can work better or any tweaks from this site.

Perhaps the kindly Mods will allow this thread for practice.
    We'll see how the thread goes and if we need another thread for questions or practice, but in the meantime, use this thread for practice. Don't be surprised though if the posts get deleted after a while to keep the thread as tidy as possible.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Of course, having ones own web site makes life a lot easier. I just have a hidden folder that I reserve for this sort of thing. Display the required photo in my browser, copy the URL and paste it into the message.

Isn't posting pictures on a thread frowned upon on here as it takes up too much space?

I thought the idea of using an image host was to minimise content and keep cost down for the sponsor?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Of course, having ones own web site makes life a lot easier. I just have a hidden folder that I reserve for this sort of thing. Display the required photo in my browser, copy the URL and paste it into the message.
    Neil's thread is aimed at the many of us who don't have their own website.
    I used to use 'MyNetImages' which was nearly as good as having your own website for photographic purposes, but when that site closed down I started using 'PostImages' and have done ever since, normally using the method outlined by Angrybear and also deleting the 'img' at the bottom corners of images, when i remember.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    I used to post a lot of images but then PhotoBucket wanted a monthly fee for hosting so I stopped. Except of course for sites that host their own images.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Thank you Neil!

That's all a great help. Well done Sir!

This is what Angry Bear is on about:

Just copy the URL of the thumbnail and paste it into your message, then submit reply.
    The pic will appear in your post

( URL )(Uniform Resource Locator.) (its just like a house address. So addressing a letter to: "Nelson Mandela House, Nyrere Estate, Peckham, London, SE15" the letter will get there. Its the same with a url. You want to get to airgunbbs? Type http://www.airgunbbs.com/ into your browser and it will take you there.)

Anyhoo...

Unfortunately, most (if not all) of the PostImages in Neil's original instructions appear to have expired and now only take you to the PostImages homepage. Links further down the page are working correctly.

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..