Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Any updates on the 99 tune, Chris, and the Anschutz 335, Mark?

Have you got that / those 30(s) yet, Gary?
    No 335 action Tony as I've been doing a bit with three previous projects; two hw35's and a Beeman R1. The Beeman is short stroked and has had a slimtech style moderator added, but with a twist as at about 3/4 along it's length it splits to reveal a 1/2" unf thread. The hw35's have both gone for new piston and custom guides and Ive fitted a sleeve on one and a moderator on the other. I've been shooting these side by side; all shooting nicely at 11.5 ft/lb ish but the two 35's edge it on recoil just, mainly due to the piston weight I guess.

They sound very nice, Mark.

Can't remember the relative weights now, but guessing the later 35 piston is a good bit lighter than the 80's.. The cycle on the old nail of a 35 that I also thus converted feels very quick and light on recoil, too.. In fact I had a quite enjoyable (albeit far too brief) little session with it on Tuesday. Love that rifle.. Obviously, different spring set-ups will all offer differing feels and that longer transfer port is sure to have an effect, too. I feel sorry for the poor, unenlightened souls who don't "get" the 35.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    They sound very nice, Mark.

Can't remember the relative weights now, but guessing the later 35 piston is a good bit lighter than the 80's.. The cycle on the old nail of a 35 that I also thus converted feels very quick and light on recoil, too.. In fact I had a quite enjoyable (albeit far too brief) little session with it on Tuesday. Love that rifle.. Obviously, different spring set-ups will all offer differing feels and that longer transfer port is sure to have an effect, too. I feel sorry for the poor, unenlightened souls who don't "get" the 35.
    I continued this afternoon with more of a session and broke out a few more rifles; mk2 hw77 with a venom tune, an lsd glided hk77k, smk xs19, soft tuned to 8ft/lbs, Crosman Phantom, fwb 127. The 127 stood out though. Fitted with an old ASI 4X40AO the old girl just started knocking the targets down at 25yds with minimal effort and a sublime cycle. I ought to shoot it more..

That sounds to be a nice, lengthy and most enjoyable session, Mark. Nice one.

The 127 Mark 2 that I used to own back in the day also wore a wide angle 4x40. In that case a "TV" screen Tasco that still sits atop my Venom 80 that used to be my go-to rabbiting rifle.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

A boingy bit of colour to help clear away the frosted screens this morning.

And uppy we go with a little spring assist.

A little close to the foot of the page, peeps. How we all keeping?

The bike cleaner at work has a Relum (Tornado, he thinks) that was his dad's and that needs looking at. Doesn't cock / trigger won't engage, apparently. Don't know if it will have been poorly adjusted, gummed up, broken? He's going to bring it in for me to have a quick look at at some point. Should be fun and looks like I may be knocking on Protek's door for some bits. Any of you fine peeps got one and have had much of a play?

He might bring Swampy into work today, if he remembers. I had a very brief glance at the parts diagram on the Chambers site yesterday. As expected, a very simple looking trigger design. It looks to me like the state of fastening of the front trigger guard screw could have an effect on trigger operation. So it might be a really simple "fix". Then again.....

Swampy made a quick appearance. I nipped into the workshop and had a quick look. Underlever completes about half of what I'd expect to be full travel, goes a bit stiffer and then goes solid. My guess is that one of the springs has broken and the open coil has lodged itself into the other spring, stopping movement. I later had a quick peek at the Idiot's Guide in Collectables and strip down looks easy. I can remember reading something once about one of the stock screws being trickier. It seems it isn't, it's just that the trigger adjuster screw and spring needs to come out first. Everything looks to be a doddle.

It's years since I've seen one of these. It's in fine cosmetic condition. Screws etc all unmarked. Bluing is in fine order. Just one or two tiny marks on the wood. Not the most handsomely styled beast, for sure, but seemingly very solidly and robustly made, as you'd expect. Actually looking forward to delving inside for him (I might do it at work) and then seeing what we need from Protek. Guessing it'll be just a spring (will go for a single one) and maybe a seal at a push. Wonder if he'd be happy to have a bit of a tune and go for a top hat and synthetic guide too?

And Monsieur Le Tinny Derrière said he'd be quite happy to make up a top hat and guide once I can supply the dimensions.. The only thing is, having resurrected that old thread on tuning said Swampy One, that overly large TP and resulting very low SCR means it's never going to be great until that area is addressed. I'm guessing he'll not want to go that far. "Just working" is a state I guess he will be happy with. We'll see........

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Back up with a little bit of colour we go!

How are we doing, peeps?

BOING!

Scooped up from the very foot of the page just in time.

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    .22 day for me Saturday I think. The Mk1 TX200 could do with an outing. Just deciding what else to take
    Pete

How many .22s have you got, Pete? That may help influence your decision.