Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw100 vs R10th vs hw110

Hw100 vs R10th vs hw110

Age old discussion I know. But what are peoples opinions on which one I should buy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Balders3 View Post
    Age old discussion I know. But what are peoples opinions on which one I should buy?

Thanks
    All can be very good. All can have their niggles, which are all well known.

If buying new, buy the one that suits you best, and if faults arise, get them sorted under warranty.

If buying used, do your research on the common issues.
    B.A.S.C. member

Thanks for that. Do you have your opinion? Which would be your choice?

I currently have all three of these and they are very different beasts. I love them each in very different ways. I kept them as they are enjoyed in very different ways.

Your brief is short. What are you looking for from these models?

They are all very capable rifles so it really is down to personal preference and feel.

For example, I prefer the HW110K the most and it is the one that is taken out far more often. This is because it is the lightest, shortest and most comfortable on a hunt around the farm. Even the soft grip makes the carrying more comfortable. Shot count is relatively poor compared to an R10 that has a buddy bottle but I have learned to live with the lowly shot count. The R10 makes shooting a more carefree session because of the amount of air it holds - but it's a heavier gun. The Hw100KT is very slick. Very refined and so it only comes out on special occasions.

If I was buying new, out of your list it would be the 100.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Out of all those and only those, Id say the r10. Then find an older mk2 stock and get the hammerbounce sorted with a simple kit from sub12 airguns.

Thats my choice if it had to be those, but I wouldn’t buy any of those buy choice. My experience with bad hw100’s is legendary and has made me hwintolrant, my bsar10’s have left a lot to be desired, my recent toe dip into the bsa brand again was a year old r10th .177 black lam bought for 500 as the owner said it was to heavy, and it is. Nothing like a mk2 r10 ever felt to me it may as well be a different gun, the stock is horrible compared, and the bigger bottle just adds weight. But it was accurate giving genuine 5p groups at 50yds, so I fitted a kit which took shotcount up, but it never stayed as it just never felt comfortable and was too heavy to carry about.

If it was a choice of just those it would be a sad day

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by Balders3 View Post
    Thanks for that. Do you have your opinion? Which would be your choice?
    I shoot for pest control and prefer short light rifles as most of my shooting is standing unsupported.
    The 1 out of the 3 you list that would meet my requirements best is the HW110K, but I wouldn't buy one as I've heard of far too many issues with power loss.

I do own a HW100KS and I don't get on with it. The ergonomics of the factory stock, and the balance of the rifle are terrible (for me).
    I dislike it that much, I've just given mine to my son.

The R10 for me, is just too heavy on the front end. The reg on the R10 pushes the bottle forward which affects front end weight.

So to answer your original question, I wouldn't buy any of them.

Your needs could be very different from mine. If you plan to spend most of your time shooting from a bench at a club, the weight won't be an issue.
    If you're planning to hump one around a shooting permission, then weight / balance may be an issue.
    Try all 3 for fit and balance (dont forget to factor in the size and weight of the scope that you intend to use), and buy the one that suits you best.
    B.A.S.C. member

Thank you all for the comprehensive responses.

I currently have a s410f carbine. And it is a great gun, but feel the shot count and consistency let it down. On a fill it just doesn't get enough shots from the "sweet spot" , when it's good it's great, but just don't know when the shots will start dropping off.

So I would want a regulated gun next that has a more consistent shot count and more reliable accuracy.

If you are in the market for a HW110, then it’s really worth checking a thread called “ A First-hand Look Inside The Weihrauch Hw110” before you buy.

I was in the market for one but I went for another full length HW100 instead. Weight and arguably looks aside, the 100 is still one of the best there is.

The weight and balance issues of the HW100 can be almost fully remedied by buying an alloy cylinder from a reputable manufacturer - there’s a few of them out there. Some are a bit spendy but well worth in my eyes.

Thanks again. I think I am leaning towards the hw100.

Will have to keep a lookout for a decent one.

Anybody recommend/suggest a regulated PCP .177 other than these 3?

Quote Originally Posted by chimpy leon View Post
    The weight and balance issues of the HW100 can be almost fully remedied by buying an alloy cylinder from a reputable manufacturer - there’s a few of them out there. Some are a bit spendy but well worth in my eyes.
    I fitted a HW100Tuning titanium cylinder to mine last June.
    Yes it does reduce overall weight, but its still a nose heavy lump with crap stock ergonomics
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I fitted a HW100Tuning titanium cylinder to mine last June.
    Yes it does reduce overall weight, but its still a nose heavy lump with crap stock ergonomics
    I’ve owned both the full length sporter and thumbhole stocked versions and found them both to be perfectly functional for me.

What didn’t you like about the ergos?

Hi ive had all 3 of them and i kept two out of the 3 i kept HW 100 had it few year bought used the had ratworks tuned and kept the R10 177 that was bought used and is now also tuned done years ago by XTX i bought and owned HW 110 brand new it was trouble from the start and went back to hull cartridge 3 times then rfd offered me a full refund they no longer stock that model on the shelf only order only.