Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely, Mark.

And quite a few of us also had chats along the lines of "chipping in" financially if needs be as the last thing we'd ever want is for a great host to be also out of pocket. Neil assures us there's no need on this occasion. But even if the price had to go up in the future to cover rising costs etc., every single person I spoke to would be more than happy to pay more for future events if need be. And The Bash certainly represents true value for everyone.
    100% in agreement with this. I'm sure each and everyone of us would gladly pay a little extra to keep this event going.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    100% in agreement with this. I'm sure each and everyone of us would gladly pay a little extra to keep this event going.
    Yes from me
    A great idea..
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Thanks Mark.
    All messages now deleted.
    I can post them on to you, we will be visiting soon, early next month I believe, if you can wait until then.
    Next month will be fine Neil. Let me know nearer the date when you'll be in our neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Me too- hard to think of anything else that gives so much pleasure for so little money.

Every bash leaves you with memories. Mine from the weekend; Sunday morning and Mike and I are up and about just after sun-up. A flock of sheep had descended into the range field. Mike single handedly cleared them before I could assist. Part sheep dog, or did he remember the sheep oath from 'Babe'? I think he may have just said "my mate Dave's going to be along in a bit"! Secondly, picking crab apples for reactive targets, we popped a couple on spikes for practice. Here's where clibre makes a difference; I hit one with my .177" and gave it a nice centre parting, but it stayed in tact. Mike hits his with the SFS 80 (lovely rifle Mike, drool, drool) and Kablam! apart from a few fragments, nothing. Lastly, Craig, Neil, whoever was shooting the Steyr; how did you manage to ring that bell so quickly, so successively - I thought someone had set a fire alarm off (nice shooting chaps).

Until the next one, thanks again chaps.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Yes to chipping in any extra required. Or if you need early arrivals to help physically,yes too
    Mark the secret of the "alarm bell" is contained within the phrase "semi auto"
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Yes to chipping in any extra required. Or if you need early arrivals to help physically,yes too
    Mark the secret of the "alarm bell" is contained within the phrase "semi auto"
    Pete, I know that, but I'd still back myself to miss a couple of the 5 shots...

In fact, when I was giving the hw77 a bit of a session on the bell target / faceplate, I could see the pellet split as it impacted the tube edge on occasion.

Cool

You are forgetting Mark.
    We are such good shots we use springers to make it harder
    Pete

An auto springer, now how would that work?

Lovely day again. All targets down, just moving stuff around. Had to stop in the Anchor for refreshment. And I have my shorts on.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Yes it was shorts down here for gardening today. More info than some of you need I know.
    Come on NickG I need the semi auto conversion for my TX200
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Every bash leaves you with memories. Mine from the weekend; Sunday morning and Mike and I are up and about just after sun-up. A flock of sheep had descended into the range field. Mike single handedly cleared them before I could assist. Part sheep dog, or did he remember the sheep oath from 'Babe'? I think he may have just said "my mate Dave's going to be along in a bit"! Secondly, picking crab apples for reactive targets, we popped a couple on spikes for practice. Here's where clibre makes a difference; I hit one with my .177" and gave it a nice centre parting, but it stayed in tact. Mike hits his with the SFS 80 (lovely rifle Mike, drool, drool) and Kablam! apart from a few fragments, nothing. Lastly, Craig, Neil, whoever was shooting the Steyr; how did you manage to ring that bell so quickly, so successively - I thought someone had set a fire alarm off (nice shooting chaps).

That was indeed great fun on the Sunday morning Mark!!! And i also had the (drool drool) over that stunning LSD 77 of yours!! Great stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post

Absolutely, Mark; so many great memories that stick with you forever.

The sheepy episode sounds like a giggle.

When I got there on the Sunday there were loads of duck wandering about on the range.

Those crab apples were, indeed, excellent fun. Great how some of them virtually "vaporised" with a direct hit.. My friend Adam, making his first ever appearance with his 99, really enjoyed the crab apples and enjoyed success on them with the open sights. Earlier, we had fitted a scope that had been lent to him my a friend. It looked to have seen better days and the points of impact were, er, extremely variable. Back to the trusty, solid, reliable HW open sights and he was regularly hitting the little fruits at 25-30 yards. Great for a newbie and the smile on his face priceless. He'll be back.

That Steyr certainly was good fun. Very accurate and with such a rapid rate of fire. Neil and Craig weren't half making things dance about and ring!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Yes it was shorts down here for gardening today. More info than some of you need I know.
    Come on NickG I need the semi auto conversion for my TX200
    Hicky burpday Petey Boy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    An auto springer, now how would that work?

Lovely day again. All targets down, just moving stuff around. Had to stop in the Anchor for refreshment. And I have my shorts on.
    And big thanks once again, Neil. I hope you enjoyed a well-deserved sherbet or two.

Thanks Tony
    Pete