Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Pity......

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I'm sorry I missed you. When we last spoke you said I sold you Nikko scope which I didn't remember. I later recalled that it was Emma's Panamax 8-24. I'm sorry I forgot about that.
    Pity I didn't get to see you but could only go on one day - see you another time
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Happy birthday Pete 👍👍

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Cheers Mike
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Neil, thanks for your hard work in making the event possible. Amazed at how you booked incredible weather - pleasantly warm, excellent light, no wind - ideal for shooting!

Wills - haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but hope your mum is OK.

Thanks to everyone for a great day and encouraging me to play with so many of your guns.
    Thanks man When I did finally get the green light that she'd been discharged, she was pretty much devoid of a voice but had been given a couple of prescriptions which I collected after I'd dropped her home. Seems they're doing the job as she's recovering well and I expect by next week she'll be more or less back to normal.

Hopefully if there's anything organised next year I will be there Incredibly kind of Neil to host and keep the bash alive throughout this year. Very gutted I ended up falling at the last hurdle and not being able to meet up with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Thanks man When I did finally get the green light that she'd been discharged, she was pretty much devoid of a voice but had been given a couple of prescriptions which I collected after I'd dropped her home. Seems they're doing the job as she's recovering well and I expect by next week she'll be more or less back to normal.

Hopefully if there's anything organised next year I will be there Incredibly kind of Neil to host and keep the bash alive throughout this year. Very gutted I ended up falling at the last hurdle and not being able to meet up with everyone.
    Great to hear that mum's recovering well and hope the recovery continues apace, Will.

Yes, Neil is an absolute star and has excelled in organising and delivering superb events in glorious surroundings. And, as mentioned previously, he even managed to build in amazing October weather too, so he obviously has friends in high places.. He, and the landowner, are committed to future events. So, depending on how Mick feels and if he can host more events at our much beloved Quigley Hollow, we may see events staged at both sites or just the one. Hopefully it'll be the both; fingers crossed.. And if Mick can't host any, we'll have to send a posse down and kidnap him.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Thanks very much to Neil and Mrs Neil. What more could you want, cracking sunshine, cracking location, fish, chips, curry, free beer, yes, free beer. Every eventuality catered for. Well trousered sir!

Cheers Graeme.

Dave and Verity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Many thanks to Neil and Tina for this weekend it was great. It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new people.
    Thanks too go to Vale Boy who kindly paid for some beers for the attendees.
    [QUOTE=TonyL;8076486]Yes, thank you for the beers, Graeme. I did partake a little on Saturday and yesterday.

Thanks lads for your appreciation…. I originally thought of providing a case of OXO cubes expecting the weather to be a bit chilly but I had a hunch it was going to be Indian Summer weather and I reckoned that lager would be a better option.

Sounds like a great time was had by all and well done to Neil for continuing Mick’s previous wonderful work in organising such a fantastic event…
    Hope to get there next year, all going well.

Sláinte, Graeme 🍺🎶😎

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Been thinking about the 30 ,( I blame you ) , I spent a lot of time trying to get an Fwb 300 up to 11 fpe managed 10 , on 24 mm piston with 70 mm stroke and a weedy 2.7 mm gauge spring. Ideally I needed 80 mm stroke. So given you have 25 mm piston and a 2.9 spring I reckon 70 mm stroke would squeeze out a useful 10.5 fpe , 5 mm extra stroke should be achievable , would need a proper measure up.
    Hey Nick, any further thoughts or playtime on this?

Have you managed to get any further playtime in with those lovely TXs?

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2021...-rifle-part-2/

I think you'd said previously, Nick, about playing with a 300S. Thought this might be interesting as the recoiling version. Was the 300 a 24mm bore? Wonder what the stroke on the 300/150 and the 110 were?

Hopefully your experimentations with the sweet little 30 bear fruit. But, as I mentioned at The Bash, I also wonder whether something altogether bigger, heavier and more sturdily built, like the 77/97/TX may provide a better base, although I do take on board your comments about them having too much spring room?

For you Boingerpeeps wondering what the hell I'm musing over this time, I'm wondering how sweet we can get a nice, heavy .177 springer shooting if tailor-making the tune for 9.5-10ft.lbs max and whether this extra sweetness will compensate for the slightly more loopy trajectory and being affected more by the wind (especially at longer range)?

Oh yes, and I think my "holy grail" of rifles would be the Feinwerkbau 110.....what a beauty.. Can't see that ever happening, though......

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I think you'd said previously, Nick, about playing with a 300S. Thought this might be interesting as the recoiling version. Was the 300 a 24mm bore? Wonder what the stroke on the 300/150 and the 110 were?

Hopefully your experimentations with the sweet little 30 bear fruit. But, as I mentioned at The Bash, I also wonder whether something altogether bigger, heavier and more sturdily built, like the 77/97/TX may provide a better base, although I do take on board your comments about them having too much spring room?

For you Boingerpeeps wondering what the hell I'm musing over this time, I'm wondering how sweet we can get a nice, heavy .177 springer shooting if tailor-making the tune for 9.5-10ft.lbs max and whether this extra sweetness will compensate for the slightly more loopy trajectory and being affected more by the wind (especially at longer range)?

Oh yes, and I think my "holy grail" of rifles would be the Feinwerkbau 110.....what a beauty.. Can't see that ever happening, though......
    The 22 mm 77 I had ei me was shooting at 10 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

You really don't need anything to shoot sweeter that one of Nick's 21mm TX200 conversions Tony.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    The 22 mm 77 I had ei me was shooting at 10 fpe
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    You really don't need anything to shoot sweeter that one of Nick's 21mm TX200 conversions Tony.
    Witnessing how beautifully they shot, the above would tie in with my mental (in more ways than one!) meanderings.. Especially the "softer" of the two (without the bounce-stalling set-up?) and Vernal's LGV and Craig's delicious little 30.

i shot those awesome TXs early on on the Saturday and my first comment on witnessing how sweetly they shot and how minimal sight picture disturbance / perceived recoil was experienced and HOW EASILY LOTS OF SPINNERS WERE SPUN was, "why would anyone bother with a PCP?".

The only reason I bought another PCP was to quietly deal with a vermin problem. No difference in accuracy between my springers and MFR
    Pete

I have come up with a cunning plan ��, as I don't have a 30 I will build a tx at 70 mm stroke, with a heavy ie standard piston , but with a piston ring as I know these to be more effective than a u seal, use an hw 30 spring and see what happens, I reckon 10 fpe , maybe 10.5 if we are lucky , see what the cycle is like .
    Can anyone tell me the length and diameter of the he 30 transfer port ?
    Last edited by NickG; 16-10-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Exactly the type of set-up I had in mind, Maestro Nick.

I hope it all works out brilliantly; sure it will.

Can't wait to read of the resulting rifle.