Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Any ideas on transfer port length Tony, long port good for soft cycle, I intend to drop a spacer in the end of the cylinder to emulate the 30.

Hi Nick. No, sorry, I have no idea of the TP dimensions, having never measured. I'm sure someone might be able to chip in with them, though. I'd take a wild guess that the TP is short, though, in line with its lighter flavour build, no more than 10mm?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

How are we all doing, Boingypeeps?

This weekend felt a bit strange and "empty" with no Bash to go to, didn't it? Especially Saturday having to go to work.........I got to the first roundabout after leaving home and it started to feel weird from then on, having taken a different exit.

It's going to be a long, agonising wait until the next one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I have come up with a cunning plan ��, as I don't have a 30 I will build a tx at 70 mm stroke, with a heavy ie standard piston , but with a piston ring as I know these to be more effective than a u seal, use an hw 30 spring and see what happens, I reckon 10 fpe , maybe 10.5 if we are lucky , see what the cycle is like .
    Can anyone tell me the length and diameter of the he 30 transfer port ?
    I've not managed to read Jim's excellent looking (as always) article this month. But I'm sure there's a mention (and he's touched on it in the past sometimes) that, although the firing cycle can seem very pleasant, short-stroking can sometimes result in a decrease in accuracy. However, I'm really hoping that my hopes for this will be borne out in that, with optimising those internals and settling for a lower power output (like 9.5 to 10.0), we get the resulting reduced recoil, surge, hold sensitivity and even more easily accessed accuracy. Thank you for your pioneering spirit and willingness to give it a go; fingers crossed.....

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How are we all doing, Boingypeeps?

This weekend felt a bit strange and "empty" with no Bash to go to, didn't it? Especially Saturday having to go to work.........I got to the first roundabout after leaving home and it started to feel weird from then on, having taken a different exit.

It's going to be a long, agonising wait until the next one.
    I know how you feel Tone but luckily for me I visited a couple of gun shops, so wasn't too bad for me.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Always good to get a boingery fix somehow, Pete. Well done.

Hoping to get a little plink in tomorrow with the lad, if all goes well.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Always good to get a boingery fix somehow, Pete. Well done.

Hoping to get a little plink in tomorrow with the lad, if all goes well.
    Did your son attend the Bash with you Tone ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

No Pauly.

We had mentioned it to him and he was up for the idea. But just before the weekend we decided that it might not be the best of plans really. Due to his ongoing and unsorted chronic fatigue symptoms a full day out somewhere may well have been too much for him and I'd have hated to have to cut the day short for an earlier return home. Keeping him there all day may well have sent him backwards on the slight improvements he's managed to make in recent months and we feel it's a really fragile improvement he's managed to make. So shelved the idea until he's finally (hopefully) feeling better.

In the meantime, some short sessions at home should be enjoyable. And, if I can squeeze in one or two sessions at Brian Samson's indoor range (only 35 minutes up the road and three hour sessions) when he's feeling up to it and build it up from there, that may be a wiser plan.

Hope you're okay my friend.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Yeah, all fine this end thanks Tone.

That does sound like slow progress with your Son matey, but…… progress is good all the same and no, you wouldn’t want to put him off with a less than great experience. Home plinking is the required ‘therapy’ for now I’m sure. Does Frankie still have an interest in shooting these days ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Great to hear you're okay, PaulyBoy.

Yep, progress is slow for sure, but I think we're getting there micron by micron.

A plinky was had late afternoon. We used my 2240 "mini-carbine" today and he put up a good show with some very tight groups at just over 10 yards. First time he's used a scope. He liked. I've said next will be a springer with opens and then a scoped boinger.

The young female "shootist" of the house is Monza, matey.. She hasn't shot in a long while now. Will make amends when she gets back from Uni.

Cool Longbow!

Wahay!

I rarely look over in Sales. Just had a quick peek and I see our Les has managed to net himself another Brummy Longbow.

Nice one, Les; chuffed for you.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Keep an eye on Les, he will end up with all of them
    Pete

A "Brumbow" is certainly a rifle I'd love to own one day, Pete.

In the meantime, at least if Les snaps them up we'll be able to see them and have a go with them at future Bashes.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    A "Brumbow" is certainly a rifle I'd love to own one day, Pete.

In the meantime, at least if Les snaps them up we'll be able to see them and have a go with them at future Bashes.
    I was going to buy that longbow to stop Les cornering the market but I want one with a walnut stock.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Wahay!

I rarely look over in Sales. Just had a quick peek and I see our Les has managed to net himself another Brummy Longbow.

Nice one, Les; chuffed for you.
    Cheers Tony
    And very nice it is too.
    Shoots smoothly with a quick fireing cycle.
    A .177 to go with the.22’s I have.
    I have a walnut stock I could swap over but the beech stock is nice on this one.
    Les..